İlkay Gündoğan

jamrock

If he leaves its not because he isn't/wasn't good enough, the evidence of that is their for anyone to see last season.

We signed Olmo a player who can do a lot of the things gundogan does and is younger.

But I'll believe it when I see it.

companyofcules

You ask me - if Gündogan is bad without the ball, how did he play in Pep's team for so many years?

The answer is very simple - the guy just lowered the demands on himself.

Don't compare Barcelona and Pep's Manchester City. If you start lowering your demands on yourself, not giving 100%, Pep will just put you on the bench. He's done it with other status players too. And he has people to replace you.

We have a different situation. Barcelona, a sunny city, you come here having won all the titles, you are 33 years old, the team is in crisis, you realise that even if you don't give 100% you will still play, because the coach simply has no one to replace you. Yes, if Xavi had been a more authoritative, experienced, radical coach, he would have done it like Guardiola did with Ronaldinho. But Xavi is a coach with little experience and not as radical as Pep.

It's simple.
He won everything in peasants league with Pep. Won UCL just one time and he wasn't even the main midfielder.
Only Xavistas wanted him. I do apreciate him as a Barca fan, he has a fine ball control but nothing more. Filling a mediocre squad with old players is dumb.

companyofcules

Gundogan can be a great asset in a stacked team. But for now that isn't the case, his mistakes vs Real and PSG while blaming others made it clear he is not up for playing in a mediocre team that can win big games only at 120%

MontenegrinCuler

Deco proposed a swap deal between Gundogan and Rodri to Man City which was immediately rejected and now City are asking for the remaining of Ferran’s fee to be paid before August 31st otherwise they will take a legal action. Bad news for Barca.
@gerardromero

If that is true...how out of touch can they be
Swap deal Gundo and Rodri :VdB:

Deco thought like "The worst they can say is no." and they said "Nah you tryna rob the shit out of this club. Speaking of robbery, you still owe us the money from Ferran Torres..."

serghei

Ideal for us would be if he accepts going to Saudis and we can also get some fee (even if 5-10m that's helpful) I'm sure they would be ready to pay. Not that we would spend that money smart anyway. :lol:

If he wants to return to City I don't see them paying anything so will probably just let him go for free to offload his wages. But no swaps for Cancelo please.

He is gonna pocket that 5-10m no doubt :lol:

Loki

Deco proposed a swap deal between Gundogan and Rodri to Man City which was immediately rejected and now City are asking for the remaining of Ferran’s fee to be paid before August 31st otherwise they will take a legal action. Bad news for Barca.
@gerardromero

If that is true...how out of touch can they be
Romero is a fuckin clown, who would do and say anything to get more twitch subs. He should be lowest tier journalist by now, because his nonesense twitch baiting news dominating clearly over decent information by now.

Too much credit is given for 'reducing salaries' in reality.

It was impossible to resign Messi in the end if not accepting CVC.

While the league FFP forces the clubs to reduce salaries if want to sign/renew/register players... there is no real option but to reduce it.

To three windows later still having registration issues is poor and that has been massively impacted by the huge contracts/fees given to Lewa/Gundo etc and also failures in Europe mosts likely costing club around 150m+.
messi the guy to whom we still owe 90 million euros just in bonuses? the guy who once neymar left for psg sent his father to ask barto to include in his salary the salary neymar received? Messi the guy who said he wanted to stay in January 2021 but who at the same time was already negotiating with PSG? Are we talking about this guy?

companyofcules

messi the guy to whom we still owe 90 million euros just in bonuses? the guy who once neymar left for psg sent his father to ask barto to include in his salary the salary neymar received? Messi the guy who said he wanted to stay in January 2021 but who at the same time was already negotiating with PSG? Are we talking about this guy?
I think we owe him south of 25 millions.

CityFanInPeace

Rumor around the blue side of Manchester is that Gundogan is seen as a Pep replacement and they want him to get badges. He was sent by the club to the youth setup last year to show the U16s how to play Pep-style football and the club are impressed with him. There's video on the City website showing him alongside the youth training staff coaching young players.

I think Pep wanted Arteta to stay until he was ready to leave but he unexpectedly joined Arsenal. So now the hope is Gundo.

Windhook

Okay, Fabrizio Romano confirmed the news. Now I believe it.:lol:

For me it's the salary cap, definitely. Olmo and Gundo can play at the same time on the pitch, but if the club is convinced they are going to sign another player on LW, whether it's Nico or else, would make it impossible to register all three due to FFP.

Porque

Word is he wanted to leave the day that Thiago got the translator future coach job.

Gundagon spoke to him in German, Thiago didn't understand.

Thiago spoke back to him in Spanish, Gundagon didn't understand.

Flick then spoke to them both in English, neither understood.

But then Lenglet walked past, and let off a small squeeky fart.

Gundagon smiled, Thiago smiled and Flick smiled.

And at that moment everyone knew that things would end up ok.

Masetro10

So why did we offer him such a contract in first instance, just 12 months ago? Just to get rid of him again so Olmo can be registered. Joke of a club. How do you buy a player when you can’t even register him? :lol:

Font was right Laporta management is a joke
Oh I agree with you. Who really knows anymore

Givenchy

This is a new low even for Lieporta.

If this was to register, say, a new DM or LW that we desperately need, ok go for it. But we just signed Olmo, a player we didn't even need and are now punting one of our best performers last season because we still can't register him :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans