Ivan Rakitić

serghei

I'm scratching my head and asking myself how can you post this crap? Cesc didn't have to babysit Alves and cover up for defence. You can't do three things all at once.

Rakitic is not part of any conversation regarding elite midfielders -- be they CMs, DMs or CAMs. I can give you 6-7 midfielders from any of these 3 cateogries that are better than him. Useful player, yes. Starter for Barca? No.

F

Flavia

Rakitic is not part of any conversation regarding elite midfielders -- be they CMs, DMs or CAMs. I can give you 6-7 midfielders from any of these 3 cateogries that are better than him. Useful player, yes. Starter for Barca? No.

Too soon to say that. Cesc was here for 3 seasons, showed in every one of them he wasn't good enough to be a starter for Barça, and yet you can't seem to drop his name. That bias makes no sense.
Being a wc player didn't help Cesc here. He never fit, gave up and left, so why keep comparing Rakitic to him?

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

Yup the Oh so great Lord Cesc was the best thing since sliced bread and we were stupid to sell him. Seriously ask any midfielder in the world to cover for Alves and we'll see their playmaking go to shit. At least Rakitic has the workrate to try and make it work. Look for another scapegoat cause the points you present for Rakitic are pure BS

Barcilliant

Yup the Oh so great Lord Cesc was the best thing since sliced bread and we were stupid to sell him. Seriously ask any midfielder in the world to cover for Alves and we'll see their playmaking go to shit. At least Rakitic has the workrate to try and make it work. Look for another scapegoat cause the points you present for Rakitic are pure BS

THIS. Cesc quit his supposedly 'dream club' and went back to his comfort zone. He never fit it EVEN with Pep here.

Rakitic is not being used properly. He should not be a scapegoat for Lucho's failings!

Alik

THIS. Cesc quit his supposedly 'dream club' and went back to his comfort zone. He never fit it EVEN with Pep here.

Rakitic is not being used properly. He should not be a scapegoat for Lucho's failings!

It's a similar situation. Both players didn't fit the system.

Although Rakitic has been playing well at the start of the season, so hopefully he will get back to it.

Gaudi

People are now praising Kroos, but I'm sure if Kroos played for us in Madrid game and Rakitić for Real you would here a lot of bad words for Kroos and great for Rakitić.

Alik

People are now praising Kroos, but I'm sure if Kroos played for us in Madrid game and Rakitić for Real you would here a lot of bad words for Kroos and great for Rakitić.

I agree, I think Kroos would do a lot worse in Rakitic's place.

Stric

Seriously though, I myself was claiming that Rakitić is a step down, but what's happening now is not his fault at all. It's clear as day that it's a tactical problem. It's fucking sacrilege what Barca's "midfield" is employed to do now.

Home of Barca Fans