Ivan Rakitić

serghei

Yes obsessed about him playing despite one shit performance after another. You on the other hand are fan girling over him

You don't know what you are talking about. Nobody defends him when he pours in cross after cross, or when he missplaces easy passes, but blaming everything on Alves is wrong. It's not Alves' fault Montoya is not good enough to take his place. Or that Barca bought Michael Douglas from Brazil. He does everything he can, he is a Barca legend, part of the best team in history maybe, and deserves respect.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Watch this guys; Rackitic could work PERFECTLY as a CM in 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnmqVcP4QOU

Good you shared this!

Judging from the video, Ivan plays like an box-to-box player working hard in defense and contributing to offense aswell. The guy has plenty of football in him, it also looks like he can set the pace of the game and keep possesion in midfield. We have to put Rakitic in a position where we bring out most of his defensive abilities aswell as his offensive ones. Which brings us to the conclusion, a double pivot with Busquets. Giving Ivan an box-to-box role where he can move freely in midfield. Rakitic works hard which means he will help out Busquets when the opponent has the ball. He may not have the mobility that Xavi has/had, but he compensates that with workrate and physical presence.

I honestly think if we play Ivan Rakitic in a central role in which he plays box-to-box and is given the freedom he needs he will be world-class.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He can't be world class because some people on this forum have judged him to be average because he is not dominating in a system where he has to cover up for Dani Alves' ass 24/7.

Frodo_FCB

No one looks like world class in our last games actually. It's not only Raki, even Messi was bad.
The problem is our shitty tactics. There is no doubt about this.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He can't be world class because some people on this forum have judged him to be average because he is not dominating in a system where he has to cover up for Dani Alves' ass 24/7.

That's not the only reason people are criticising him. There have been quite a few occasions in the past games where his touch has been erratic and passing inaccurate.

D

DirtySanchez

No idea why a few posters are raging because some have claimed Cesc is better than Rakitic when he obviously is. Ibra didn't fit in at Barca either and has since become the best #9 in the World, Cesc is leading Europe in assists while Sanchez is the quickest player to reach 10 goals under Wenger. All 3 of those players are World Class talents, Raki is about 2 levels below that.

Singling out Alves for his form seems a bit silly and ridiculous.

F

Flavia

No idea why a few posters are raging because some have claimed Cesc is better than Rakitic when he obviously is. Ibra didn't fit in at Barca either and has since become the best #9 in the World, Cesc is leading Europe in assists while Sanchez is the quickest player to reach 10 goals under Wenger. All 3 of those players are World Class talents, Raki is about 2 levels below that.

Singling out Alves for his form seems a bit silly and ridiculous.

For Barça, Cesc wasn't. He went back to the PL for a very specific reason, it suits his style. Saying Rakitic is 2 levels below Cesc just shows you've seen little of him. They're surely different players, and Rakitic is a better fit for Barça.

Irish_Cules

Is he really? I'm yet to see that "better fit" part. Maybe that's because of Lucho's tactics, or maybe because he's not quite Barca level. The jury's still out on that IMO.

Man, I'm yet to be 100% convinced by Rakitic but it's impossible to judge him at the moment. Every single one of our midfielders are playing below-par. The system isn't allowing him to show what he has got.

Andrew M

For Barça, Cesc wasn't. He went back to the PL for a very specific reason, it suits his style. Saying Rakitic is 2 levels below Cesc just shows you've seen little of him. They're surely different players, and Rakitic is a better fit for Barça.

Well said.

F

Flavia

Is he really? I'm yet to see that "better fit" part. Maybe that's because of Lucho's tactics, or maybe because he's not quite Barca level. The jury's still out on that IMO.

He is fast. He can improve his passing, but he won't slow down the play. Rakitic also can defend well. All that makes him a better fit. Not that hard, as cesc never did fit, anyway. And Cesc left because HE wanted too. He could be here, but preferred to leave for the PL. Cesc knew it was never going to work, he is a smart man.

We're still one good cm down, though. And Cruyff said Kroos wanted to come. Should had signed him. The word is we didn't because of roberto :lol:

Something else bothering me, is Rakitic had a good amount of his assists from set pieces with Sevilla. Atletico scored 13 and rm 7 in la liga already. Barça scored 0. Lucho is not playing him to any of his strenghts.

Devils

I agree with Cryuff a lot of the time but I'm not sure I agree with him about Kroos.

Out midfield is slow enough as it is (was even slower with Cesc), I really think we need more pace in there and I can't see Kroos being the solution to that. I would much prefer Gundogan.

Andrew M

I agree with Cryuff a lot of the time but I'm not sure I agree with him about Kroos.

Out midfield is slow enough as it is (was even slower with Cesc), I really think we need more pace in there and I can't see Kroos being the solution to that. I would much prefer Gundogan.

The guy who has been on crutches for 18 months?

Or you mean you want Vermaelen to have some company?

Home of Barca Fans