Ivan Rakitić

F

Flavia

Gündogan has recovered, not sure how he´s playing but he´s definitely on his way back. He could be an option soon...

Hopefully. If the club had to bet on a player recovering, should had been Gundogan, not Vermaelen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gündogan has recovered, not sure how he´s playing but he´s definitely on his way back. He could be an option soon...

He is not even close to being 100% yet, but from the couple of matches or so he has played, I've been told he has done well so if he gets back to his best without getting injured or his back problems reappearing then I think he'll be awesome again.

Neeraj

Yeah, after the kind of ridiculous signings we've made, signing another potentially risky player is unthinkable.

Kasperroed

Now, this will show you why Rackitic isn't impressing at the moment.

This shows you where Racktic played mostly last season for Sevilla. Just around the mid-circle of the pitch.
x5sj2c.jpg

And this is how he plays for Barcelona.
2a6vxab.jpg

It isn't Rackitic's fault at all, that he has to cover for Alves all the time. We need Racktic in a more central role next to Busquets/Mascherano allowing him to do what he does best. Hopefully Lucho realises this very soon...

Der Kaiser

I would want a whole season of uninterrupted high performance

If the transfer ban doesnt get revoked, we´ll miss out on both Reus and Gündogan, since they´ll most likely have to leave if Dortmund doesnt make the CL qualification, which looks likely at this point....

As for Rakitic playing wider at Barca than he did at Sevilla; I think Lucho´s intention with his wide midfielders was to clear the middle and give Messi more space to drop deeper and receive the ball more often. It´s a shame that all of our players look more influential the more central they play, but when you have a player like Messi in your team, the team should be build around his playing style. I like the idea, we just dont know how to execute it properly yet...

zanela

Something else bothering me, is Rakitic had a good amount of his assists from set pieces with Sevilla. Atletico scored 13 and rm 7 in la liga already. Barça scored 0. Lucho is not playing him to any of his strenghts.

Rakitić at Sevilla had the likes of Fazio, Bacca, M'Bia etc to aim to. At Barca, there is only Mathieu, and Suarez who's just returned. The aerial game has never been Barca's forte. Barca need to look at well drilled creative set plays for answers.

Keeping on Rakitić, I was a bit underwhelmed with his signing. I still am, but It's only fair to to give him a full season or two, esp in light of the current circumstances.

Hopefully. If the club had to bet on a player recovering, should had been Gundogan, not Vermaelen.

+1.
I'm dreading which Arse player will be on our radar to satisfy the annual Arse quota.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hopefully it's not Wilshere.

Imagine 'Gundogan doesn't fit Barca style, that's why we signed Wilshere who is perfect for a team like Barca'.

F

Flavia

If the transfer ban doesnt get revoked, we´ll miss out on both Reus and Gündogan, since they´ll most likely have to leave if Dortmund doesnt make the CL qualification, which looks likely at this point....

As for Rakitic playing wider at Barca than he did at Sevilla; I think Lucho´s intention with his wide midfielders was to clear the middle and give Messi more space to drop deeper and receive the ball more often. It´s a shame that all of our players look more influential the more central they play, but when you have a player like Messi in your team, the team should be build around his playing style. I like the idea, we just dont know how to execute it properly yet...

Messi played his best years with Xavi and Iniesta helping him in the middle. With triangules, 1-2's, something like his goal vs psg. The way it is now, it'll be hard to make it work.

dakt

I don't agree. He played better than the last game. Should shoot more, players look afraid to shoot, Idk why.

Doesn't move the game at all...at all. All his balls were simple safe passes, 90% of them back to defense.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't know what his role on the pitch is... Lucho has absolutely no idea how to integrate him into our midfield...

Home of Barca Fans