Ivan Rakitić

If there's one good thing about selling Cesc for Rakitic, it's that we'll no longer play players out of position to shoehorn Cesc into the lineup. As for whether Rakitic will be better for us than Cesc, I won't judge until I see Rakitic play for us.

Last edited:

Stric

How doesn't it mean that other players free better than him? what's your definition of better

I don't understand... If Cesc is off-form, does that automatically mean that, for example, Camacho is better than him? Of course not. Rakitić is a good player, but he is not the same caliber as Fabregas and co. And even if you take this season, the entire season, in consideration, Cesc has still been slightly better than Rakitić. Now add this - this was one of Cesc worst seasons, while it was absolutely Rakitić's best season ever. Now calculate how that turns out if you take their average and compare them.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I don't understand... If Cesc is off-form, does that automatically mean that, for example, Camacho is better than him? Of course not. Rakitić is a good player, but he is not the same caliber as Fabregas and co. And even if you take this season, the entire season, in consideration, Cesc has still been slightly better than Rakitić. Now add this - this was one of Cesc worst seasons, while it was absolutely Rakitić's best season ever. Now calculate how that turns out if you take their average and compare them.

Its not just this season its been like this for 3 seasons in a row. Cesc's form is like clockwork. Its like the blue fairy tells Cesc that he will lose his form as soon as the clock his midnight on December 31 and it's after that the trophies are won. I'd rather have a good enough squad player play with consistency the whole season than a WC one for only the first half and whatever your opinion is you can't deny that Cesc goes MIA in the business half of the season

L

linetty

Modric (Real Madrid): "When you play at Barça, everything you do has a bigger impact and Ivan will become aware of that in this World Cup."

Modric (Real Madrid): "Rakitic is happy and that he joins Barça is also good for #CRO. I'm sure he'll play a spectacular World Cup." [sport]

Vilarrubi

@Stric Have you actually watched Rakitic this season? If he isn't good enough like you say why were Real Madrid, Atletico, Man Utd and Liverpool interested in him?

Stric

I never said he wasn't good enough. I said he wasn't as good as Fabregas. Rakitić was great this season. In what previous season has he been this great, though? In 2012 Sevilla almost offloaded him. In the national team he's been accused of lack of effort and poor performances on several occasions. On the other hand, even though Fabregas doesn't fit our current system perfectly (and we don't know if Rakitić will, now do we?) he's been at the top for years and years - and that must say something about how he weighs against Rakitić.

Antimadridista1

I never said he wasn't good enough. I said he wasn't as good as Fabregas. Rakitić was great this season. In what previous season has he been this great, though? In 2012 Sevilla almost offloaded him. In the national team he's been accused of lack of effort and poor performances on several occasions. On the other hand, even though Fabregas doesn't fit our current system perfectly (and we don't know if Rakitić will, now do we?) he's been at the top for years and years - and that must say something about how he weighs against Rakitić.

Fabregas isn't good in Barcelona… Rakitic can be better than him in our team.
Although this season, Rakitic was definitely better than Cesc.

Vilarrubi

Sevilla were a completely different team this season under Emery.. He was able to show his qualities and prove how good he is because of the players and system around him.. which leads me to believe he will be even better for Barca. I haven't watched him much for Croatia but a lot of people on here who have were saying he is excellent for them and has been praised more than Modric recently??

Vilarrubi

Fabregas is world class against weaker teams. That's why his stats look so good. Look at Fabregas' 8 goals he scored this season against average/weaker teams in games where the goals didn't affect the final score. He looks a completely different player and lost against harder teams.

Sevilla 1 - 4 Barcelona
Getafe 2 - 5 Barcelona
Barcelona 4 - 0 Granada
Real Betis 1 - 4 Barcelona
Celta de Vigo 0 - 3 Barcelona
Rayo Vallecano 0 - 4 Barcelona

Really dissappointed that we got him :angry: depressive stuff, i thought we aimed higher than this. You can basch Cesc how much you want but he aint worse than Rakitic.
How much did we actually pay for him? What has happened to my beloved Barca??:(

spark

Fabregas is world class against weaker teams. That's why his stats look so good. Look at Fabregas' 8 goals he scored this season against average/weaker teams in games where the goals didn't affect the final score. He looks a completely different player and lost against harder teams.

Sevilla 1 - 4 Barcelona
Getafe 2 - 5 Barcelona
Barcelona 4 - 0 Granada
Real Betis 1 - 4 Barcelona
Celta de Vigo 0 - 3 Barcelona
Rayo Vallecano 0 - 4 Barcelona

If only he was our penalty shooter like Raktic then he could inflate his stats even more. 5 of 12 goals from the penalty spot.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

@spark His other 7 goals were still better than Fabregas' 8 goals. Against Barca and Real. While playing for Sevilla......

Home of Barca Fans