Ivan Rakitić

zanela

When you're a special talent, it shows despite the circumstances and lack of quality around you. When I used to watch Modrić at spurs, he almost always stood out to me, and I felt he was destined for a bigger club. So I'm not surprised where he's today. In fact I was excited when Barca was linked with him. I'm sceptical about players who start making headlines off one good season, in a team in ascendancy.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Forum reaction here will be quality. They will judge the whole player on one game good or bad. They will also say he is Definetly better or worse than Cesc based off this game.

F

Flavia

They woke up and finally realized that the Cesc lovestory wasn't meant to be. Then they bought a suitable, fairly cheap substitute for him.

So in short? Prudence happened.

This. Rakitic is a replacement for Cesc, not Xavi. He's not being signed to solve all problems, but he might solve the Cesc problem. No role, no place, players-playing-out-of-position-so-cesc-could-start.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Or you could keep him and use him properly? A dumb coach could play Raki out of position too you know.

F

Flavia

Or you could keep him and use him properly? A dumb coach could play Raki out of position too you know.

Rakitic is not a star player, that will always demand to start. Just that eliminates a huge problem. Tata played Neymar and Iniesta out of position to accomodate cesc.
To use Cesc properly you'd have to bench Iniesta, or change the formation. He is not so good to warrant that.

Tomchin

So, Cesc official, I expect Rakitic announcement later tonight. Probably after his game with Brasil has concluded.

khaled_a_d

Even Pep failed to use Cesc rightfully man ,Rakitic is an amazing player
we should be happy with that deal ,he is a quality player and he is coming with fairly good price

Tomchin

Hope all the hype about his upcoming transfer to Barca doesn't put too much pressure on him tonight.

I still remember the massive amount of hype around Arshavin when he was linked to us years ago. Then afterwards he had a shocker against Spain, and a lot of that hype suddenly dissappeared.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I as I said before, Rakitic should fill the role Keita used to play under Pep... I don't see it as a direct replacement to Cesc, but more of a piece in the puzzle in Lucho's system, we were lacking a midfielder with enough thoughness and workrate and I think Rakitic can provide both without sacrificing much in the technique department...

Home of Barca Fans