Ivan Rakitić

Yaya

Rakitić is a nice player but he is not even close to being a player Fabregas is. So much fail with this and they'll try to compensate it by buying a star forward player(which will fail since the prices will be sky high).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rakitić is a nice player but he is not even close to being a player Fabregas is. So much fail with this and they'll try to compensate it by buying a star forward player(which will fail since the prices will be sky high).

He might be a better fit than Cesc thus proving to be a better player for BARCELONA which is the most important thing. We just got to wait and see how he does though.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I don't even dare to think about how this thread will look tonight, if Rakitic has a bad game against Brazil. :lol: The Cesc-fans will have an absolute field day an he'll be crucified before he's even signed his contract.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I don't even dare to think about how this thread will look tonight, if Rakitic has a bad game against Brazil. :lol: The Cesc-fans will have an absolute field day an he'll be crucified before he's even signed his contract.

:lol: Prepare yourself. Unless Rakitic shines like the brightest star out there today, it's very likely we're going to see exactly what you're describing.

Alarcón

I honestly don't think so. People won't crucify him after 1 game. I also don't understand why some say the exact same thing for ter Stegen. There are some members who generally hate a player and criticise them after every minor mistake but I feel like the majority on here is fairly tolerant in regard to bad performances.

Antimilan

When you're a special talent, it shows despite the circumstances and lack of quality around you. When I used to watch Modrić at spurs, he almost always stood out to me, and I felt he was destined for a bigger club. So I'm not surprised where he's today. In fact I was excited when Barca was linked with him. I'm sceptical about players who start making headlines off one good season, in a team in ascendancy.

Besides, Rakitic was not the best and most outstanding player of Sevilla this season, the spectacular season as everyone is calling it. If it wasn't for M'bia-s heroic acts and his immense work-rate throughout the season, Sevilla wouldn't have the success that everyone is commenting about here.

Almost all Sevilla fans know and always say that Rakitic was NOT the best player this season... among the best, sure, but definitely NOT the best !

M'bia and Bacca were our heroes this season. Moreover, we all were happy when we played more fluently and were more dangerous against teams we thought we would struggle (especially away matches), when Rakitic was not fielded, with the reason: rested. We all knew that he will be sold during the transfer window, and when we considered the moments that Rakitic made us happy, comparing them to the moments that he made us angry/mad/depressive, one side of us was happy that he would leave. The only thing for Sevilla is now that we have to find a replacement for him, but we all wouldn't mind 2-3 average players that work harder in the pitch and don't consider themselves superstars while being lazy, instead of Rakitic. I'm commenting based on our international Sevilla fans blog and Sevilla's Spanish forum.

It is very interesting how many of you are trying to make Rakitic as a GOD and all what you consider regarding Sevilla is Rakitic, as if he was the only one that played for Sevilla during this whole successful season, and he single-handed brought us the 5th place and the EL trophy. Very very wrong.

Not to say that Rakitic will not shine in Barca, as I admire Barca also and I always cheered for ex-Sevilla players who joined Barca like Alves, Keita, Adriano. But I am really questioning the maturity of some childish commentaries and expectations here with an absurd dose of optimism and below 0 dose of reality.

Trickykid

I honestly don't think so. People won't crucify him after 1 game. I also don't understand why some say the exact same thing for ter Stegen. There are some members who generally hate a player and criticise them after every minor mistake but I feel like the majority on here is fairly tolerant in regard to bad performances.

Sure, but as so often seen, the minority is usually the loudest.
The reason I think people will pounce on him, if because of the obvious incentive. They feel that Fab was treated unfairly, and will be looking for a scapegoat. And even better if this scapegoat can prove the club wrong and make Cesc look better in the process.

I'm probably overanalyzing the situation, but I feel it could be a rough start for Rakitic in Barcelona, unless he starts off on a good note (not after this game alone, of course, but during the beginning of the coming season).

F

Flavia

But I am really questioning the maturity of some childish commentaries and expectations here with an absurd dose of optimism and below 0 dose of reality.

Where are those posts, I haven't seen them. I see people questioning his signing, others saying he is a good player... if anyone is overreacting is you. I doubt anyone thinks he'll be the solution to our problems. He was bought to replace cesc. It won't be too hard, as cesc never fit in the team. Rakitic has a good chance of fitting, as he is no star and will work hard.

Trickykid

It is very interesting how many of you are trying to make Rakitic as a GOD and all what you consider regarding Sevilla is Rakitic, as if he was the only one that played for Sevilla during this whole successful season, and he single-handed brought us the 5th place and the EL trophy. Very very wrong.

Why don't you go ahead and hand me some quotes from the plethora of people in here who are making Rakitic a GOD?

Trickykid

Where are those posts, I haven't seen them. I see people questioning his signing, others saying he is a good player... if anyone is overreacting is you. I doubt anyone thinks he'll be the solution to our problems. He was bought to replace cesc. It won't be too hard, as cesc never fit in the team. Rakitic has a good chance of fitting, as he is no star and will work hard.

Damnit, Flavia, you beat me to it.

Ursegor

World Champion
Antimilan with DAT butthurt.
4021133811.gif

spark

A member from a Sevilla forum took this of Puyol, de la Peña etc with Monchi today. Already closing transfers, next step president :puyol:

yIrQzOk.jpg

Home of Barca Fans