Ivan Rakitić

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One okay game = Rakitic sucks, why did we buy him, he will be a failure, he wont fit in, cesc is better, zubi is an idiot etc.

One good game = Oh rakitic you beast, oh rakitic we love you, fuck you cesc rak is better, so glad we bought rakitic, rakitic = orgasm etc.

F

Flavia

Busquets? He is Cesc's replacement. Only that. Not a starter, and who knows what plans Lucho has for him.

Frodo_FCB

I think he is a classic box to box midfielder...He is the player we need..

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

DonAK

I for one would like to give him and our new coach, Luis Enrique Martínez García, the benefit of doubt and wait until we've seen both in action before going all doom and gloom.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Where do you think he'd fit in at Barca?

I don't expect him to be a starter in big games (in fact I'm counting on him to help give rest to Xavi in minnow-liga matches) but act as a utility player that will see a lot of game time. He's more versatile than Cesc in midfield roles and likely more accepting of a supporting duty.

It's his wide range of qualities that'll work in his favor. He's a good passer, provides defensive support, he's an indirect set piece threat, a long range shooter, a physical presence, etc. That's why he can play next to Xavi or Iniesta (once he's adapted). He doesn't need to be a 'Xavi' or 'Iniesta' type player but he can complement both with his style of play provided that his acclimatization goes well.

zanela

One okay game = Rakitic sucks, why did we buy him, he will be a failure, he wont fit in, cesc is better, zubi is an idiot etc.

One good game = Oh rakitic you beast, oh rakitic we love you, fuck you cesc rak is better, so glad we bought rakitic, rakitic = orgasm etc.

Neither of it happened. :whistle2:

JamDav1982

I don't expect him to be a starter in big games (in fact I'm counting on him to help give rest to Xavi in minnow-liga matches) but act as a utility player that will see a lot of game time. He's more versatile than Cesc in midfield roles and likely more accepting of a supporting duty.

It's his wide range of qualities that'll work in his favor. He's a good passer, provides defensive support, he's an indirect set piece threat, a long range shooter, a physical presence, etc. That's why he can play next to Xavi or Iniesta (once he's adapted). He doesn't need to be a 'Xavi' or 'Iniesta' type player but he can complement both with his style of play provided that his acclimatization goes well.

We shall see bit I dont agree at all and think Cesc is a vastly superior player at AM than Raktitic and even though not suited to it can control a game better than Rakitic.

What needs to happen this summer is replace Xavi, but all that seems to have happened is that they have taken in an inferior back up who is more happy to be on the bench.

zanela

I think evilsomething called it right. The white Keita. Cool with that.

DonAK

There is also a certain man named Rafinha Alcantara who will be playing for us next season. I also expect a certain kid named Sergi Samper Montaña who is known to be quite a talented player for those who've seen him play, to get called up here and there and get some playing time and later get promoted in two seasons.

Not to forget there is a possibility to sign another midfielder, although I doubt we will.

But no. Cesc is sold and Rakitic is bought and he will not fit in. He will not do well. He played for Sevilla and not a big club hence he wont do well. Cesc is better hence he won't do well. He just won't do well or fit in and all that before he even have played a game. And all that before anyone and their dog even knows what kind of role our new coach, Luis Enrique have in mind for him. The same Luis Enrique who most likely asked for his signing.

But no.

Ivan Rakitic cannot succeed. We should give up on him already.

JamDav1982

There is also a certain man named Rafinha Alcantara who will be playing for us next season. I also expect a certain kid named Sergi Samper Montaña who is known to be quite a talented player for those who've seen him play, to get called up here and there and get some playing time and later get promoted in two seasons.

Not to forget there is a possibility to sign another midfielder, although I doubt we will.

But no. Cesc is sold and Rakitic is bought and he will not fit in. He will not do well. He played for Sevilla and not a big club hence he wont do well. Cesc is better hence he won't do well. He just won't do well or fit in and all that before he even have played a game. And all that before anyone and their dog even knows what kind of role our new coach, Luis Enrique have in mind for him. The same Luis Enrique who most likely asked for his signing.

But no.

Ivan Rakitic cannot succeed. We should give up on him already.

It is called giving opinions.

Some people think he will be a better fit than Fabregas some think he wont.

Frodo_FCB

I think he will sign a contract of 8 million per year...So I don't think he will be used as a backup.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Home of Barca Fans