Ivan Rakitić

Zidane82

Firmino is overrated, whole Liverpool attack is done by Mane and Salah. The Reds would be much stronger if they would have a worldclass striker. Imagine Salah-prime Suarez-Mane.

Interesting viewpoint .. maybe you should actually try watching Liverpool someday ... oh and focus on Firmino. Much better than just reading stuff off the internet..

serghei

I agree Firminho is somewhat overrated, and that Liverpool attack is mostly carried by Mane and Salah, who are probably both top 5 wingers in the game atm.

Interesting viewpoint .. maybe you should actually try watching Liverpool someday ... oh and focus on Firmino. Much better than just reading stuff off the internet..

Lol I have seen all Liverpool matches beside 2-3. He is good but compared to Salah and Mane too weak. Kane, Suarez, Aguero, Dybala are way better striker than Firmino who often just score tap ins.

Zidane82

Lol I have seen all Liverpool matches beside 2-3. He is good but compared to Salah and Mane too weak. Kane, Suarez, Aguero, Dybala are way better striker than Firmino who often just score tap ins.

You realise that Firmino isn’t an out and out striker like Sarah or Aguero or whoever ??

Firmino works unbelievably hard at pressing and regaining possession plus he comes back deeper to receive the ball than the others mentioned.. and then sets the attacks off with passes to Mane or Salah

Firmino is the first name on Klopps teamsheet much like Pep had Busqs as his first name .

Arizona Scott

Firmino is better than Dybala. I do think Salah and Mane are better, but all three are outstanding and work well together. Firmino hasn't his best healthwise and formwise the last 3rd or so of Liverpool's season.

BTW Saurez, Firmino and Jovic are all about the same ht. I don't mind a 1.82 striker if they have the right qualities. Suarez and Jovic are loads. Firmino I don't think is as strong and certainly not as athletic (as Jovic or younger Suarez) but he is a very smart and technical player who also has a high work rate off the ball (though that might be a Klopp influence/demand).

Zidane82

Firmino is better than Dybala. I do think Salah and Mane are better, but all three are outstanding and work well together. Firmino hasn't his best healthwise and formwise the last 3rd or so of Liverpool's season.

BTW Saurez, Firmino and Jovic are all about the same ht. I don't mind a 1.82 striker if they have the right qualities. Suarez and Jovic are loads. Firmino I don't think is as strong and certainly not as athletic (as Jovic or younger Suarez) but he is a very smart and technical player who also has a high work rate off the ball (though that might be a Klopp influence/demand).
Great post

cro-man

If manu is going to replace pogba it wont be rakitic to take his place. They will go after a bigger name who is also younger. Maybe after they got their pogba replacement they will go after rakitic but only maybe.

Sorin

We are stuck with him.

1. He doesn't want to leave.
2. His wages are too big anyway and no one would pay anything meaningful + those wages on top.

He doesn't have the self awareness of guys like Iniesta and Xavi either. Those guys knew when their time was up, not this guy, he still thinks he's the cat's tits.

mc_lovin

As long as we dont renew him its in his financial interest to find a club who offers him a retirement contract. So theres hope.

Someone has to leave, we are ridiculously overcrowded in midfield. If not Rakitic then Vidal.

kattanib

We are stuck with him.

2. His wages are too big anyway and no one would pay anything meaningful + those wages on top.

He doesn't have the self awareness of guys like Iniesta and Xavi either. Those guys knew when their time was up, not this guy, he still thinks he's the cat's tits.

Those guys knew that the club is bigger than them and they saw the big picture, they left space for young talent to play and grow just like they had their opportunities.. it comes from a place of love to the club. You cannot expect Raki to have such a mentality, it takes a much greater person to let go of the ego

mc_lovin

Well, to be fair Iniesta and Xavi were both older when they left. And Rakitic can still be a very good backup/squad player.

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
We are stuck with him.

Same goes for Fraudsqets

Home of Barca Fans