Ivan Rakitić

dakt

I do agree with you to some extent, but I thought he actually tested Asenjo multiple times.

Should make more shots outside the box. Especially against bus team like ATM. We should see this more often like he did in Sevilla.

sabby

I am croat, but when Xavi entered the field yesterday I felt enjoyment seeing his head move like a radar. As said before, finds an open space more easily and also makes ball go forward more often. Ivan tends to fallback to defense when he could instead pass the ball forward. Also Xavi has that first step, which is mastered by Iniesta and Messi.
On the other hand Ivan's defense work is beyond anyone else on the team. But yes, considering the price, Ivan is probably the deal we made this summer.

Just to be clear, I never meant Rakitic is a better CM than Xavi. I meant with the current squad and condition of our team, Rakitic was the best possible replacement of Xavi for longer term even though they are very different player.

Frodo_FCB

Rakitic can play even better offensively, but he has to cover Alves all the time and stay back...Defensively he is a beast, he can be everywhere and run for 90 min..The problem though is that we need him fresh, so that he can play closer to the box when we attack.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I do agree with you to some extent, but I thought he actually tested Asenjo multiple times.

He's new here and still afraid of the little dictator...

I know I would try to pass to Messi every single time if he was on my team, hahaha...

Alarcón

I don't care about statistics, god knows I've criticised Xavi plenty of times for not trying enough lately and only playing safe, but Raki failed some easy and important passes against Villarreal and it's especially obvious in a team like Barca. Not even a criticism, just an observation and I'm sure it'll improve with time.

cro-man

I don't care about statistics, god knows I've criticised Xavi plenty of times for not trying enough lately and only playing safe, but Raki failed some easy and important passes against Villarreal and it's especially obvious in a team like Barca. Not even a criticism, just an observation and I'm sure it'll improve with time.

If you expect him to be a busbreaker you will be disappointed because hes not better than cesc at this point but he is quicker stronger and a better defender. Like fabregas he needs room to operate because of his mediocre technique and ballcontroll which is maybe even worse than fabregas. Still it doesnt mean he will end up like fabregas because he still as I said has some abilities which are and could be usefull and he is a working machine. We have to use his ability to counter because this is something he can really do well because not only he is as good or maybe better than fabregas he is faster and his passes are very accurate.

Kerrybai

He makes some great off the ball runs going forward... which is vital for breaking down defensive sides. Needs to work hard though to create some synergy with his team mates.

CatalinR10

Bwl_Po2IYAETnF2.jpg

Home of Barca Fans