Ivan Rakitić

dakt

He should stop looking for Messi so often, just shoot when you have a chance. Compared to Xavi, he doesn't find open space as easy as Xavi who turns his head to scan for free space every 2 seconds.
Yeah, lacks that creativity to which we are so used to in the midfield.

F

Flavia

He should stop looking for Messi so often, just shoot when you have a chance. Compared to Xavi, he doesn't find open space as easy as Xavi who turns his head to scan for free space every 2 seconds.
Yeah, lacks that creativity to which we are so used to in the midfield.

He hasn't been able to show creativity, as he has a lot of defensive duties, covering for Alves and helping Busi. He's not like Xavi, but he has the ability to create too.

kilian

He has to cover Alves all the time, so he can`t play like he can. It wouldn`t be a problem if Alves actually did something positive in attack, not just cross the ball to our attackers who are brilliant in heading.:shakeshead:

F

Flavia

I thought both him and Rafinha weren't very good today. Great defensive work but quite a few inaccurate passes.

Rakitic completed 93 of 99 passes.

BwY6M0QCMAETc4-.png:large

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
People complaining about few misplaced passes? If he had Xavi's percentage he'd be an alien. He's essential for us as it is in Lucho's reinvigorated Barca. Look at Rafinha who grew up here and how lost he looks so far.
Edit: Cheers Flavia

dakt

He hasn't been able to show creativity, as he has a lot of defensive duties, covering for Alves and helping Busi. He's not like Xavi, but he has the ability to create too.

And he won't show it because he's just different kind of player. More of the work horse then Xavi, but lacks that Xavi creativity. But big kudos for his defensing roles.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
There were only two missed passes that were kinda weird, but that's absolutely normal... He has been an amazing signing and gives so much to this team, that I'm willing to say he will be pivotal to our success...

For me he has done so much for us defensively that I could almost care less what he does on offense. That's not to say he hasn't been impressive on offense either cause he has. And we haven't even seen him at his best yet either.... Scary

sabby

Compared to Xavi, he doesn't find open space as easy as Xavi who turns his head to scan for free space every 2 seconds.

Well not every one is so fortunate as Xavi to have a radar implant in their head :xavi:

On yesterday's match, like I already said in the chat, Rakitic is the best possible CM for our team considering our high line of defense, full backs' overlaps and the fact that we play with only one DM. This will help Busi too as he can now play with less pressure on his shoulder for covering in defense which I think was the reason for him to under-perform last season as well as not getting rest. Now waiting for one of Rakitic's trademark screamer.

dakt

Well not every one is so fortunate as Xavi to have a radar implant in their head :xavi:

On yesterday's match, like I already said in the chat, Rakitic is the best possible CM for our team considering our high line of defense, full backs' overlaps and the fact that we play with only one DM. This will help Busi too as he can now play with less pressure on his shoulder for covering in defense which I think was the reason for him to under-perform last season as well as not getting rest. Now waiting for one of Rakitic's trademark screamer.

I am croat, but when Xavi entered the field yesterday I felt enjoyment seeing his head move like a radar. As said before, finds an open space more easily and also makes ball go forward more often. Ivan tends to fallback to defense when he could instead pass the ball forward. Also Xavi has that first step, which is mastered by Iniesta and Messi.
On the other hand Ivan's defense work is beyond anyone else on the team. But yes, considering the price, Ivan is probably the deal we made this summer.

Home of Barca Fans