Ivan Rakitić

Siberia

BxCw8fhIEAA52-A.jpg

surprised-baby-gif-1.gif

OMG :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Croatia defeated Malta in the Euro qualifier today 2:0, wondering how Rakitic and Halilovic did? Any Croatian Cules watched the game?

kilian

Solid game from both. Nothing special.

Halilovic had a few solid runs and one good shot as I remember, generally played well. He played about 60-70 minutes. But it`s obvious that he is still green and can`t impact the game much more than that at this level. Rakitic also played well, had a number of good passes and corners. He was involved in the action that led to second goal I think. Almost scored from a great chance, but his shot was blocked.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He scored a nice chip goal that was disallowed for offside, barely offside.

Looked like he was played as a pivot again though.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's really hard to say anything relevant because Croatia plays bad football. Ball circulates slowly and players barely move.
We have Modric-Rakitic-Kovacic-Halilovic in midfield with Mandzukic upfront and still muster 1 shot on target vs. Malta in 1st half. It's pathetic.

Rakitic worked hard and Halilović was in his usual solo mode. That's about it.

kilian

They play bad football because Kovac has problems with picking the right players. Brozovic instead of Kovacic in the midfield trio and Kovacic totally useless on the wing etc. You can`t play football with practically 5 attacking midfielders. There has to be some balance with between creative midfielders and true wing players. Croatia was seriously lacking that today. And then the players struggle, get in the way of each other, because they move in the same channels.

CuleLife4Life

Croatia have quality players esp the Modric-Rakitic midfield but their manager needs to understand everyone's strength and weaknesses before just putting players together.

dakt

It's really hard to say anything relevant because Croatia plays bad football. Ball circulates slowly and players barely move.
We have Modric-Rakitic-Kovacic-Halilovic in midfield with Mandzukic upfront and still muster 1 shot on target vs. Malta in 1st half. It's pathetic.

Rakitic worked hard and Halilović was in his usual solo mode. That's about it.

Mandzukic, far cry from Diego Costa for ATM. Kramaric should have played from the start. Boy is proving himself from game to game.
But yeah, team sucked. My biggest disappointment was Kovacic.

dakt

Croatia have quality players esp the Modric-Rakitic midfield but their manager needs to understand everyone's strength and weaknesses before just putting players together.

Manager, Kovac should go. We need one quality coach, possibly from outside since I'm afraid we'll get another ex-player for internship in national team after Kovac.
Sad to see so many talents on the pitch playing like they're stuck in the 90s.

Stric

Kovač is getting good treatment because he's new and has good history with the NT, but basically he's just a continuation of what had been happening after Bilić. He's another pawn of the Croatian football association and Zdravko Mamić, and that's not going to change. Until the association is deeply reformed, this is going to continue, with whichever coach.

kilian

It`s terrible to see so much talent in the hands of a rookie coach who doesn`t know what he`s doing. I wonder how much could that squad achieve with a real, experienced coach. We`ll probably never find out.

BBZ8800

Match commentator on a Croatian Tv said that Rakitic was the only player in the first half (in Croatian team) who had a "wet" shirt and who tried some things.

Worked hard, as always.

Home of Barca Fans