Ivan Rakitić

Barcilliant

He will get better next season. He is quicker, stronger and alot more hard working than Kross. Early in the season people were whining about how we missed out on Kross.

serghei

He will get better next season. He is quicker, stronger and alot more hard working than Kross. Early in the season people were whining about how we missed out on Kross.

We did miss out on Kroos. We wouldn't be talking about Pogba now if we had Kroos.

barcanuck

I still don't see what's so special about Kroos except for his passing range.

Toni Cruz is closest to Xavi I've seen lately but you're right Raki offers more defensive qualities and strength which we sorely lacked over the last 5 years.

Darko

Closest thing to Xavi imo are Modric and Verratti. I haven't seen Kroos control the tempo of games in the way those 2 do. They have better movement off the ball, are more agile, better dribblers and are able to control games on their own (it's no coincidence PSG beat us with Verratti bossing the midfield, and RM looked the better side with Modric playing brilliantly in the 1st half of the Clasico).
Kroos reminds me more of Xabi with a little bit of Lampard/Gerrard, a much more static player, but a better finisher and shooter from distance, with pinpoint passes, longs balls especially.

Bran the Greenseer

I honestly don't think we'd have won everything with Kroos simply because I don't think Kroos would have been able to cover up Dani's again defensive abilities the way Rakitic did even without a Pedro/Sanchez on the wing to help out too.

barcanuck

I honestly don't think we'd have won everything with Kroos simply because I don't think Kroos would have been able to cover up Dani's again defensive abilities the way Rakitic did even without a Pedro/Sanchez on the wing to help out too.

True who would of thought Raki was so solid at baby sitting RB eh?

EdmondDantes

I don't know how Kroos came into the discussion, but for the record I would have Raki over him any time, it's a no brainer really.

barcanuck

I don't know how Kroos came into the discussion, but for the record I would have Raki over him any time, it's a no brainer really.

LOL easy to say in hindsight. Kroos has been great at Bayern and for Germany for last few years. Raki has always been solid but never accomplished what Toni did.

Home of Barca Fans