Jack Wilshere

Bergkamp10

I saw him make a naughty tackle when he came on for England which I really would put down to over excitement and eagerness to please as it was his debut and of course the Zigic foul but I haven't seen him make any other nasty tackles. He puts himself about but he's not dirty. De Jong is dirty, Van Bommel is dirty, Wilshere is not dirty.

Robbie

Wilshere is fast becoming a Scholes clone. Brilliant passing, ball shielding and possession holding, but can't tackle for the life of him. Scholes isn't a dirty player, but has thrown about some horribly mistimed tackles.

The difference between the likes of Scholes/Wilshere and the Shawcross' and Taylors of the world is that the former tries to play football and are occasionally unlucky with challenges while the latter have it drummed into them that they have to go in 'ard and 'get it up them' to clatter the opposition. De Jong is a master at that, while real tacklers like Mascherano, Gilberto, etc know how to make clean proper challenges.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i see your point but just because shawcross has not technical skills and wilshere does does not mean that wilshere mistimed tackles are innocent and shawcross is not. i agree with de jong and mascherano point though, javier is obviously a better tackler.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Wilshere is fast becoming a Scholes clone. Brilliant passing, ball shielding and possession holding, but can't tackle for the life of him. Scholes isn't a dirty player, but has thrown about some horribly mistimed tackles.

scholes knows what he's doing with his tackles.

I'd guess wilshere knows too.

it's how these short skilful midfielders thrive in a league full of overly physical players. they haveta be able to dish it out sometimes.

S

Satori

The difference between the likes of Scholes/Wilshere and the Shawcross' and Taylors of the world is that the former tries to play football and are occasionally unlucky with challenges while the latter have it drummed into them that they have to go in 'ard and 'get it up them' to clatter the opposition. De Jong is a master at that, while real tacklers like Mascherano, Gilberto, etc know how to make clean proper challenges.

Wilshere is more of an Iniesta type imo and Scholes knows exactly what he's doing when he rakes them.

He is the replacement for Fabreags obviously.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He was superb again tonight. I watched the Arsenal game pretty much to see Wilshere and it was certainly worth it. It's a telling statement of the quality Capello's management of England that Wilshere sat on the bench the whole game against Montenegro but then goes and plays brilliantly for Arsenal. It was screaming out for him.

He is a real talent, and alongside Ramsey Arsenal will have a very good pairing in midfield even if Cesc leaves.

Not to take anything away from him though, he has insane potential, only 18 he's starting for Arsenal, Arsenal don't need to buy anyone to replace Cesc they already have their replacement

Home of Barca Fans