Jack Wilshere

Robbie

wilshere is a dirtier player than shawcross.

aron_ramseys_horror_leg_break_02.jpg

Look at that dangling piece of leg and say that again, because what you just typed was probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
you mean the incident where ramsey broke his leg after diving recklessly into a 50/50 with a player that's basically twice the size of him and diving in just as recklessly?

it wasn't even a tackle, for fucks sake man get a grip.

thank god wilshere's not as soft as you, otherwise he'd never make it in the PL and england would be deprived of the (potential) world-class volante they are crying out for.

Robbie

1 - It was a 50/50 where Ramsey got to it first. Shawcross missed the ball, hit Ramsey high on his tibia/fibula and snapped them.

2 - Shawcross did an even worse challenge the season before and put Adebayor out for 6 months

3 - Before that, Shawcross tackled Francis Jeffers from behind and broke his ankle

Oh wait, Wilshere is a dirtier player than him, right?

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I wouldn't say Wilshere is dirtier than Shawcross but you have to admit Wenger is a huge hypocrite.

Robbie

All managers are hypocrites. From Wenger to Ferguson to Mourinho, when tackles go against them they complain, and when their players do it they say otherwise. Good managers will lie to the press to shield their players, it's what they're supposed to do. Also...

"Jack mistimed his tackle and got a red card, which he deserved."

He's not being a hypocrite in this situation.

Elite-BkD

1 - It was a 50/50 where Ramsey got to it first. Shawcross missed the ball, hit Ramsey high on his tibia/fibula and snapped them.

2 - Shawcross did an even worse challenge the season before and put Adebayor out for 6 months

3 - Before that, Shawcross tackled Francis Jeffers from behind and broke his ankle

Oh wait, Wilshere is a dirtier player than him, right?

To be fair, it is entirely possible that those tackles were more idiotic than malicious. That being said, a dirty player could conceivably be more dirty than Shawcross, obviously.

Bergkamp10

but that's bollocks.

if anything, wilshere is a dirtier player than shawcross. he's far sneakier and knows how to put himself about (a good trait, and the reason he'll make it in the PL despite his size - like scholes). shawcross is just bigger and stronger than most people, and he's a bit of a clumsy oaf so makes rash decisions and late tackles.

anyway, I'm not saying wilshere's tackle was malicious, it wasn't. like you said, arsene said, big eck said... it was just mistimed. but the hilarity of wenger leaping to his defence while constantly and FIERCELY criticising other players for the same type of infraction, is hilariously hypocritical.

Dirtier than Shawcross who at just 23 has already broken Aaron Ramsey's leg, Jeffers' ankle and put in various other disgusting challenges on other players?

Name me one manager that isn't hypocritical and biased towards his own players. Wenger has already said that Wilshere will be punished and has already been made to make a statement issuing an apology so it's not like Wenger's letting him get away with it. The difference is that Wilshere's 18 and learning and over enthusiastic whilst Taylor and Shawcross were old enough to know better.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
All managers are hypocrites. From Wenger to Ferguson to Mourinho, when tackles go against them they complain, and when their players do it they say otherwise. Good managers will lie to the press to shield their players, it's what they're supposed to do. Also...

"Jack mistimed his tackle and got a red card, which he deserved."

He's not being a hypocrite in this situation.
Haha, I was surprised to hear that as well.

Cause during the summary of the game, they got a sneaky montage of Wenger pouting his lips and shaking no after the red card. I sincerely thought he was going to deny having seen anything during the interview. :lol:

Lemmi

The Reckoner
His tackle was incredibly dangerous, kind of for the raised leading foot but the way he goes through after with his whole force into the ankle afterwards could have snapped his lower leg into shards. I think the consequences ie broken legs are not always the way to judge how bad a tackle really is, there are a lot of determinate variable that are separate to severity of tackle which factor in legs breaking or the player walking away injury free.

One that always sticks in my mind was Cesc on Danny Cullip (BHA and to a far lesser extent, Lewes Legend).. that was a certified leg breaker, one of the worst challenges I have ever seen and if Cesc hadnt been about 8 stone at the time he could have crumpled the shit out of Danny's leg.

Rohit

All i have to say is that wilsheres red card was coming, he nearly broke mascheranos leg so hopefully hell learn.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
wilshere is a very dirty player how can you not see that

because there's naught as myopic and one-eyed as a gooner.

His tackle was incredibly dangerous, kind of for the raised leading foot but the way he goes through after with his whole force into the ankle afterwards could have snapped his lower leg into shards. I think the consequences ie broken legs are not always the way to judge how bad a tackle really is, there are a lot of determinate variable that are separate to severity of tackle which factor in legs breaking or the player walking away injury free.

One that always sticks in my mind was Cesc on Danny Cullip (BHA and to a far lesser extent, Lewes Legend).. that was a certified leg breaker, one of the worst challenges I have ever seen and if Cesc hadnt been about 8 stone at the time he could have crumpled the shit out of Danny's leg.

great post, especially the bit in bold.

Bergkamp10

I don't like dirty players and Wilshere's not dirty. He had a bad first touch, was frustrated with himself and went to get the ball but mistimed it. Surely a dirty player is one whom goes out to injure other players when Jack doesn't do that.

You seem to have a lot of dislike for Arsenal and their players so you're views are less than neutral yet i'm the myopic one...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
no i don't think so. overall arsenal are a very clean team and not many dirty players. but wilshere is a dirty player every time i have seen him

Home of Barca Fans