Jack Wilshere

watching the arsenal game now to see wilshere. Bossing the game again so far. Why Capello isnt playing im is beyond me.

i agree i'd start him for England, no reason why not he has the quality, we need a player with his playmaking abilities in the midfield

Bergkamp10

I am not saying he is not promising,but becoming as good as Cesc is gonna take some beating,and then some.

From a Gooner with a season ticket who's watched them both a lot - Wilshere > Cesc at 18. Wilshere tracks back more and sometimes the game would pass Cesc by a bit especially against your boltons and your blackburns but this doesn't happen to Jack. Bolton did a lot for him.

That doesn't mean he'll go on to be better than Cesc but I think he'll be at the same level at least.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
From a Gooner with a season ticket who's watched them both a lot - Wilshere > Cesc at 18. Wilshere tracks back more and sometimes the game would pass Cesc by a bit especially against your boltons and your blackburns but this doesn't happen to Jack. Bolton did a lot for him.

That doesn't mean he'll go on to be better than Cesc but I think he'll be at the same level at least.

Oozing with optimism there.I have seen this Wilshere before and I liked him a lot.But I will have to see a great deal more before I begin comparing him with Cesc.

S

Satori

Personally, I don't think he plays like Cesc at all.

He could be for England what Ozil is for Germany.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
His goal tonight

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/jack-wilshere-shakhtar-donetsk-7262249/

Can't believe Capello brought on Wright-Phillips ahead of him last week! England should start building the team around him now, why persist with the same failures? Would bring out the best of Rooney too.

wilshere is 19. he's still very young.

there's still a whole generation of failures playing with england now (I'm talking specifically about the midfield cancers gerrard and lampard) but they will likely retire from international football after the euros in 2012. wilshere should only come in when they have gone so he can be free from their toxic influence. the same goes for rodwell, smalling, albrighton, jones, etc.

a shame don fabio won't be around to guide them, but that's the way it goes I guess.

Robbie

Capello plays an ancient 4-4-2 relying on lumping the ball up to a useless donkey (Heskey, Davies) with pace merchants on the wings. His plan B? Bring on Crouch, or even faster pace merchants.

Wilshere would get a neck cramp watching the ball soaring straight into the box. Offside, offside, goal kick, goal kick, offside, etc. That's basically why England are shit.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It's okay, once McEachran is in the side he'll captain England to a WC in 2018 and probably EURO 2020. :D

J

_JFK_

i have a feeling in time barcelona will sound out another arsenal player. this player being wilshere.

C

Carefree

It's okay, once McEachran is in the side he'll captain England to a WC in 2018 and probably EURO 2020. :D

Not sure if he'll be captain material but he's certainly as talented, if not more so, than Jack Wilshere. The difference between the two is Wenger believes in his kids, whilst we're relatively amateur at handling them. Ancelotti's isn't palming McEachran off to Bolton at 17 though like Wenger did.

Currently, Wilshere looks a better version of Joe Cole at the same age but with a (far) better footballing brain. Josh McEachran closer resembles Andres Iniesta (In playing style), and given time, he may very well reach the same level Iniesta is currently at. Like Wilshere, he also has a footballing brain despite his tender age.

If we play our cards right, McEachran and Wilshere could become the dominant midfield we've been expecting from Lampard and Gerrard for the past 7 years.

No way, i'm amazed this is even a debate. Knee-jerk reaction from his recent performances. Fabregas at the same age pisses all over Wilshere right now, and that's no downer on Wilshere's ability, it's just Fabregas was that f'ing good!

Last edited:
S

SuperSamirNasri8

Currently, Wilshere looks a better version of Joe Cole at the same age but with a (far) better footballing brain. Josh McEachran closer resembles Andres Iniesta (In playing style), and given time, he may very well reach the same level Iniesta is currently at. Like Wilshere, he also has a footballing brain despite his tender age.

Joe Cole?

No way. Jack Wilshere is for a start playing in the middle of a 3 man midfield. Joe Cole was a winger that caught the eye with lots of sublime tricks. Its a comparison way off the mark. Jack is starting to claim a starting spot for a top 4 team in England. And for an 18 year its pretty good going. As for the comparison with Cesc well its hard to say but i think Cesc edges it. At that age Cesc was putting in stunning performances away to Madrid. But Jack has shown that he also has a defensive side to his game that Cesc did not have. So it can be argued that Wilshere is a more complete midfielder at 18 then Cesc was. Its a shame he is banned for the City game. Would have loved to seen how he would have coped with Yaya Toure,De Jong and Barry.

C

Carefree

Joe Cole?

No way. Jack Wilshere is for a start playing in the middle of a 3 man midfield. Joe Cole was a winger that caught the eye with lots of sublime tricks. Its a comparison way off the mark. Jack is starting to claim a starting spot for a top 4 team in England. And for an 18 year its pretty good going. As for the comparison with Cesc well its hard to say but i think Cesc edges it. At that age Cesc was putting in stunning performances away to Madrid. But Jack has shown that he also has a defensive side to his game that Cesc did not have. So it can be argued that Wilshere is a more complete midfielder at 18 then Cesc was. Its a shame he is banned for the City game. Would have loved to seen how he would have coped with Yaya Toure,De Jong and Barry.

Don't take this as me being ignorant here, but that was rubbish from start to finish.

Joe Cole was an attacking midfielder at West Ham who was forced out wide at Chelsea. It was only under Mourinho's guidance that he cut out the tricks, instilled a bit of discipline in him and became more of a team player. He wasn't getting in the midfield with Lampard, Makelele and Essien/Tiago/Ballack so the only other option for him was out wide. How many times did you hear other fans saying 'but his best position is in the centre'? In fact, it's been that way for England and for Liverpool!!!

Wilshere is the exact same, though less flash and more end product (and a better footballing brain). He's also starting for Arsenal largely cause they lack a genuine world class midfield and an injury rigged side. With a fully fit team, he'll be benched again with Arshavin, van Persie & Walcott leading the attack with a midfield of Fabregas, Nasri and Song behind them.

I'm going to ignore you ever said Wilshere can defend as well. He's very Paul Scholes like in that regard. If refs had a bit more bottled, he'd have had at least 5 red cards for tackles over the past year and a half. I remember a particularly nasty one on his England debut too. Give it time and he'll get the odd patronising chuckle from the commentator about how Scholes like he is defensively.

Bergkamp10

Not sure if he'll be captain material but he's certainly as talented, if not more so, than Jack Wilshere. The difference between the two is Wenger believes in his kids, whilst we're relatively amateur at handling them. Ancelotti's isn't palming McEachran off to Bolton at 17 though like Wenger did.

No way, i'm amazed this is even a debate. Knee-jerk reaction from his recent performances. Fabregas at the same age pisses all over Wilshere right now, and that's no downer on Wilshere's ability, it's just Fabregas was that f'ing good!

Sorry but what has McEachran done to justify being called as talented as Wilshere? He's done well for the reserves and come on a few times for Chelsea's first team whilst Wilshere has dominated the midfield in PL and CL games. There's no comparison. Unless McEachran actually starts games and plays at the level Wilshere has then you can make a statement like that.

Jeez, Wilshere is nothing like Joe Cole! They're both English, little and a bit special looking but that's where the comparison ends. Cole is a winger but Wilshere is a central midfielder. Wilshere isn't like any player who plays midfield at the moment, he's unique. Cesc is probably the best comparison.

It's not knee-jerk at all. Did you attend away matches against Bolton and Blackburn in 05/06 when Fabregas went missing because he couldn't play his game against those type of teams? Where you there when Cesc didn't track back and got bullied off the ball? Cesc was awesome at 18 but Wilshere is tougher and works harder for the team. The loan spell at Bolton has pushed him further ahead. All I'm going to say is that i've never seen Fabregas have as good a game against Chelsea as Wilshere did at S.B this season. Even Fabregas says he thinks Wilshere was better than him!

Home of Barca Fans