Jack Wilshere

poncirus

It's OK. :)

However, I really like Jack and can't see him becoming anything less than great player. But it's too early to put him in same bracket with the very best midfielders of last few decades. He has still a lot to learn.

Koma

He will become good enough to be in the same group as Scholes and other great legends of England. He has everything in order to suceed, if he stays injury free and keeps playing well, there is nothing that can stop him.

T

The Horse

Jesus. No need to be so aggressive.

I actually said I expect him to develop and become a great player (and a genuine complete midfielder, I would like to add). It's just the thing I currently don't see that touch of genius about him that the very best midfielders have.

And Rooney will never be the same player again unfortunately, he had already peaked and foot injury made decline come too early.

Yet I'm sure you're the type if he was called 'Wilsherinho' and was in the Barca academy will be drooling over him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKOWiMvPmfA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbjfibGXW9E

Watch these two videos and tell me if he hasn't got the special ingredient or whatever it is that you claim. Bear in mind, the first video was of him at 17 and the second while he was 18. Best Under 20 player along with Gotze in Europe atm

gingerless

outshone xavi iniesta and busquets? goodness... do you people just remember whatever part of a game that suits your argument better?

again, i would love to see the same things being said if barcelona didn't get unlucky and won that game because suddenly arsenal is the best counter attacking side in world football, they beat us at our own game and wilshere is the best midfielder

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
outshone xavi iniesta and busquets? goodness... do you people just remember whatever part of a game that suits your argument better?

again, i would love to see the same things being said if barcelona didn't get unlucky and won that game because suddenly arsenal is the best counter attacking side in world football, they beat us at our own game and wilshere is the best midfielder

Mate, you are not allowed to speak logic in this thread.

O

OhYeahReally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W8Ie4MyRX0

^

It's all there, as much as this is a Barcelona forum you can't hide from the truth, Arsenal won the game and Jack Wilshere was MOTM (voted by both English and Spanish press) and the main driving force behind Arsenal's win and Barcelona's loss.

Clockwise

Buccaneer

^

It's all there, as much as this is a Barcelona forum you can't hide from the truth, Arsenal won the game and Jack Wilshere was MOTM (voted by both English and Spanish press) and the main driving force behind Arsenal's win and Barcelona's loss.

Wilshere might be the main driving force behind arsenal win (and he actually seems to have a bright future) but he was hardly the cause of Barcelona loss. In a way the reason of Barca's loss was Barca (don't get me wrong I'm not ignoring Arsenal's good display).
No one is denying Wilshere's fine display but becoming MOTM doesn't make one suddenly the best midfielder. (and like...If Messi had his goal scoring boots on he could easily end up MOTM.)

Clockwise

Buccaneer
so what was the point of answering this:

with this:

^

????

O

OhYeahReally

so what was the point of answering this:

????

He was MOTM for 1 game, ie. the better man on the DAY, just because he was more influential than any of Barcelona's midfielders and the reason why Arsenal won doesn't make him a better player than players like Iniesta and Xavi all of a sudden, those guys have been playing the game for nearly 10 years and have been at regarded as 'the best' for a number of years collecting a Champions League, Euro Championships and World Cup medal in the process.

But it does play into my point that whilst Wilshere's not WC yet, he is playing at a WC level and only playing the game for a number of years he can truely achieve 'WC' and 'legend' status, he cannot do that overnight.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

LOL

2 nice one-two's and a couple of nice passes and an instance of close control in the game and Wilshere is at the World Class level :lol:

He had a good game, but outshone Xavi and Iniesta? :lol: If Messi took his chances and his goal was correctly given it would be a far different story.

Let see what he does on Tuesday at Camp Nou, OK. :lol:

johan

Credit where its due he looks a very good player but there is a difference between outshineing and not looking out of place on a pitch with

He does look good for a nineteen year old

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
He's great for his age and will definitely become a great player if he steers clear of injuries. However you can never say for sure that a player will become one of the best no matter how much talent he shows at an early age...too many factors that can affect his development. Keep in mind that Bojan looked like the new Messi when he was 17 years old.

Home of Barca Fans