Jack Wilshere

DB10

I think Guardiola was having a little dig at the English game in general rather than being disrespectful towards Wilshere. I think he meant that Barcelona produce technically proficient players and have been doing so for many years rather than they have a conveyor belt of young players who are already at Wishere's standard in the 'B' team right now. If they did they wouldn't be so aggressive in their pursuit of Cesc now would they?

It's just the skills that Wilshere has are the core ingredients that are normal for a player developed by Barcelona, like Cesc said Wilshere is more like a 'Spanish player'.

Bergkamp10

So what if Wilshere is "gobby"? Rather a player with a bit of personality then some one like Gerrard or Rooney who are completely dull and thick. If you're genuinely offended by what a 19 year old has to say on twitter then you're clearly a very strange person. Also, lol at the Geordie linking to Arsenal mania as a view for all Arsenal fans :lol:

As for what Pep said, I'd be very surprised if he meant it offensively because he's a classy guy and is always very complimentary about Arsenal and Wenger. My guess is that he thought they were asking him about signing Wilshere so pointed out he has lots of similar players. English isn't his first language.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
this kid is a monster. no fear of anyone whatsoever.

his only flaw is that he can't yet elevate his team-mates (like Cesc does) but boy howdy, he's gonna be a player.

dalitis8

Banned
Small, but quite strong.

Stronger than Scholes me thinks.

Honestly, I am massively impressed. Along with Almunia, he was the top Arsenal performer tonight.

Was brilliant in the first leg as well.

actually I remember seeing him in a friendly 2 years ago. The brilliance was all there.

gingerless

stronger than scholes? gtfotroll

he was the only arsenal player that played his game (and defenders) wasn't scared of us, very composed which is impressive to see... someone like thiago wouldn't have been (both at same age).

SwiftGuyver

probably the most exciting, technically gifted English prospect since Paul Scholes...

shame he seems to have a shitty attitude...arrested outside a nightclub, fucking other women in hotel rooms behind his girlfriend's back and he is a sore loser...

it looks like he could have the playing style of Xavi/Iniesta but the mentality of John Terry or Ashley Cole...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, I left last season's tie being impressed with Nasri and this year it'd again be Samir but also Wilshere...Agree on the attitude thingy but sadly that does seem to be part & parcel of being a professional footballer in England it seems for a good number of players

Should only get better and I can see him becoming a fixture for the Three Lions

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
probably the most exciting, technically gifted English prospect since Paul Scholes...

shame he seems to have a shitty attitude...arrested outside a nightclub, fucking other women in hotel rooms behind his girlfriend's back and he is a sore loser...

it looks like he could have the playing style of Xavi/Iniesta but the mentality of John Terry or Ashley Cole...

Lol I thought I was the only one
Kids good but he just bugs me in general
Just his face ioni lol there's something bout him
But that's just me

Bergkamp10

this kid is a monster. no fear of anyone whatsoever.

his only flaw is that he can't yet elevate his team-mates (like Cesc does) but boy howdy, he's gonna be a player.

How do you think he'll compare to Cesc meta? As in do you think he'll be better/as good as?

Home of Barca Fans