Javier Pastore

M

Manfredo

Updating...

His second time against Lecce (with his team losing 0-2) was brilliant.

V

Valon

Steal the ball, pass the ball, get the ball back & GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLL

M

Manfredo

Pastore and Sirigu (GK) were the stars of last match againts Fiorentina. Here is his goal :

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I rarely ever believe in youtube but for some reason before he moved to Palermo I watched a youtube video of him and I liked what I saw. I expected for him to be a hit. Now for all we know he could end up being another Diego but man I love watching him play. He made Palermo the best football playing side in Serie A and although selfish, his attempts to dribble is exactly what I used to love about my favorite players in the world.

He is a bit faster than Zidane me thinks, his ball control is wicked, and his passes are very thoughtful. Plus his movement is very smart, for example when he was running down the flank, instead of trying to beat a player in a footrace, he moved out wide, protected the ball, away from the defender got a comfortable angle to cross and made it easy. Some other players will go shoulder to shoulder and keep running. I wish to see him at Inter soon enough but Sniejder isn't going anywhere soon even though he would be a perfect replacement especially that Benitez wants more possession football.

If he puts his mind to it, he can be this decade's Zidane of Serie A. Argentina are lucky, he really could upset the Brazilians in their own back yard in 2014.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nice take Raed...Yeah, I just finished watching a load of Pastore clips and I'm feeling a similar high on the kid...Something really silky & lethal about him that pulls you right in...He will be a Kaka at the very least, Zizou certainly in his potential future too...Just oozes class...Love, love, love the way he just runs at players

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Well depends, he doesn't striker me as a Kaka type of player because Kaka was not an actual Attacking Midfielder everybody thought he was. He wasn't exactly the one controlling the tempo, that was Pirlo and Seedorf, Kaka was a third striker if you may, he wasn't the instrument he was the bullet.

Zidane on the other hand controlled the tempo, he controlled the direction, he controlled the passes and the intensity. Pastore is more similar to Zidane in that aspect (although all three had a tremendous shot). However in terms of raw talent, Zidane had the best first touch I have ever witnessed, had dribbling skills that shocked defenses, and body movement that was unusual for a man of his size.

We will see how Pastore matures, the only difference is that in this time, teams have no time for players to develop their dribbling skills so he will probably focus a lot more on his passing. Dribbling needs ample amount of real life attempts to start becoming effective, especially under pressure.

Bojan_rnr

More reports surfacing that we will bid for him. I would love him here but 40m is way too much.

Estiarte (pr officer): "We're not interested in Pastore and won't spend 40M for a position where we already have many players."

Estiarte agrees with you. :)

btw "already have many players" ? Does he see Pastore as a winger ?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Estiarte (pr officer): "We're not interested in Pastore and won't spend 40M for a position where we already have many players."

He forgot to add "unless they are Catalan". We will probably end up paying double what Pastore is worth for Cesc.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Spending 40m for Fabregas is dumb, even dumber than what we paid for Ibra. Atleast Ibrahimovic came to be our starter. I dunno if the same thing awaits for Fabregas cause I doubt Guardiola would start him over Xavi and Iniesta.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Okay I'm back to being idle for too much time to again try & look deep into transfer rumors... But what's with Pastore rumors? I'm thinking this might be some thing like Barca's answer for Madrid snapping up Ozil!?

Trequartista

The good
Spending 40m for Fabregas is dumb, even dumber than what we paid for Ibra. Atleast Ibrahimovic came to be our starter. I dunno if the same thing awaits for Fabregas cause I doubt Guardiola would start him over Xavi and Iniesta.

spending 40m on Cesc or Pastore or Sneijder is dumb....

KluivertsBoots

Somebody could have done a sweet deal for Pastore pre World Cup, but that's the way it always is with players like this. I look for one of the Milans or big English teams to come in for him soon enough.

If he puts his mind to it, he can be this decade's Zidane of Serie A. Argentina are lucky, he really could upset the Brazilians in their own back yard in 2014.

Brazil will be just fine with Ganso.

Home of Barca Fans