Javier Pastore

Bergkamp10

I don't get it. Why do Barca want another midfielder when they have Thiago and Dos Santos, two of the worlds most exciting prospects who could go on to be better than Cesc/Pastore? I know they need backup if Xaviniesta get injured but can Thiago not come in for them? Thought he was rated highly enough by Pep to.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I'm not sure whether Thiago and Dos Santos are ready to step up at the moment and the squad is really thin

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Another good player that we don't need. Our midfield is set. And there are Oriol, JDS, Thiago, Roberto and others waiting.
Also, 40 milion is ridiculous.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
40 million is absurd but if you consider the market, you never really know...Is he comparably valued to say Cesc?...Maybe although he's 2 years younger, in the middle of a new contract and hasn't yet made the splash Fab has...No more than 30 would be my uneducated guess at his market value...Problem is, market fluctuates all the time

As for need, it's true, he isn't a true need, per se, probably...But, could be a fantastic winger...I think a left sided winger is the one position in the attack that is sorely in need of an upgrade...I don't see it immediately coming from La Masia and Cesc isn't a solution there either anymore than JDS or Thiago are

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
40 million €... journalists don't know what to tell to sell some papers.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
$40 million is absurd, but I do think we need some backup, and while I value our youngsters, having good players around is always an advantage...

M.L. King

The Preacher
€40 million? He's hardly worth €15 million; he's still a mere ankle biter in the world of football, whose performances have been up to par only intermittently (that is, if you disregard his ineffective gyrating in the midfield, giving away the possession insouciantly on a regular basis); he has proved nothing yet to merit his name being associated with such a prohibitive price!

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
€40 million? He's hardly worth €15 million; he's still a mere ankle biter in the world of football, whose performances have been up to par only intermittently (that is, if you disregard his ineffective gyrating in the midfield, giving away the possession insouciantly on a regular basis); he has proved nothing yet to merit his name being associated with such a prohibitive price!

how is he not worth 15 mill he is young far from his peak and a special kinda player...

V

Valon

You're being a bit harsh and he is worth more than 15mil but not 40mil as it's been said.

Chainsaw

Killahead
His price I believe is somethng around 25m. A 25m deal + bonuses is fair for him. That's somehow the same thing as Man City paid for Balotelli.

Home of Barca Fans