Javier Pastore

AURELIUS

Pastore is a very level headed kid. He likes it at Palermo and likes to learn from the coach in this case Delio Rossi and before that Angel Cappa.

He has a Sicilian girlfried and is settled. Besides he turned down Manchester United when they offered Huracan £8M GBP realizing he would not get enough first team football for himself and unlike several promising Argentines ie Bertoglio made a good career move.

Zamparini may be over the top in some of his comments but come the time to sell as with Kjaer and Cavani he will reinvest wisely as with Ilicic. Palermo have a very good scouting network.

Talent wise he has it all to be the very best and I am certain he will be the hub of the Argentina midfield alongside Banega to create real artistry on the pitch.

At present he is just 21 and still setting serie A alight after a very promising season last year and can only get better. He has a very good partnership at present with Ilicic and Hernandez as well.

He is a reluctant footballer so to speak hailing from Bahia Blanca more known for producing basketballers of which he was one. He took up football late like Banega but he retains great spatial awareness and is very agile and deceptively quick for a tall player.

His weakness at present is that he still tries the 'Hollywood' pass too often and can thus gift the ball away in dangerous positions.

Unlike the classic enganche he also willing to play across the width and length of the pitch than just be a facilitator and under Rossi his defensive play has improved considerably.

Should have played a far bigger role at the WC than Veron and have been paired with Banega then as well.

Last edited:
M

Manfredo

Another great match against Bologna.

His goal, a long range one.

"E un Fenomeno, Pastore". :lol:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
so glad he is doing so well.. Man i loved Huracan when he played there... most exciting team Argentine League has had since andres D'alessandro was at River

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
so glad he is doing so well.. Man i loved Huracan when he played there... most exciting team Argentine League has had since andres D'alessandro was at River

I know you have a mancrush on andy the shortarse but that huracan side were one of the sexiest teams I've seen in recent years along with barca 08/09 and santos 09/10.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
It's a shame Cappa's River hasn't been nearly as sexy as his Huracan was.

that was a magic team.

you can't recreate that kind of spontaneous creative glory.

it just happens. things come together and players hit peaks of form and it all gets very very sexy.

best thing is to just enjoy it while it lasts.

AURELIUS

What's so funny about comparing Pastore to Cesc ?

Pastore has all the skills necessary to become a truly great player. I've seen many '10's come and go and none live up to the pressure of being in Maradona's shadow .Some have sparkled for a few seasons ie Aimar and then fizzled out, others lacked the mental attitude to be the team leader and became petulant ie Riquelme.

Pastore has it all.

As for Cappa at River he is doing the right thing .He has looked at the junior divisions and has his eye on several players. It takes time to turn a ship like River and fully implement ones ideas thiugh River are fighting off a relegation battle.

The youth system looks alive again with several very talented kids above all Manuel Lanzini the ten aged seventeen others inc. the Mori twins, Lamela, Affranchino, Pezzella.

Cappa has the old style ethos of Argentine football .Technique above all and pass ,pass,pass.

If Pastore is to move on say at the end of this season then he should come here to Barca and further his education as Cappa says in this article vis a vis the pragmatism employed by Mourinho or indeed any other European club ie AC Milan or Manchester City.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...6/javier.pastore/index.html?section=si_latest

dalitis8

Banned
It seems that whenever a midfielder/attacking midfielder or number 10 strings 3 good games together,people in here begin comparing him with Cesc and consider him as a viable alternative,which is frankly preposterous.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
It seems that whenever a midfielder/attacking midfielder or number 10 strings 3 good games together,people in here begin comparing him with Cesc and consider him as a viable alternative,which is frankly preposterous.

Unlike you, some people have actually followed Pastore since his Huracan days during which he was utterly magnificent and consistent week in week out. Hell, people been ranting about him for at least for 1,5 years now. I believe he might actually have what it takes to become even better than Francesc Jr. Yet, only time will tell.

Home of Barca Fans