Javier Pastore

killerswitch

Not a great night for the forum's new beloved son and Palermo.

0-3 at home

:lol:

Last time I checked, Pastore doesn't play defense nor is he a one man team so what's your point? If you actually watched the game, which I doubt you did, you would've seen that he had yet another great game.

This kid is one of the best young playmakers in the world right there with Ozil, Kroos, Ganzo, Wilshere, and he probably has the best mix of talent and entertainment of all.

dalitis8

Banned
Last time I checked, Pastore doesn't play defense nor is he a one man team so what's your point? If you actually watched the game, which I doubt you did, you would've seen that he had yet another great game.

This kid is one of the best young playmakers in the world right there with Ozil, Kroos, Ganzo, Wilshere, and he probably has the best mix of talent and entertainment of all.

He may be good,but he is not good enough for Barca,and cannot compare with Cesc.

AURELIUS

He may be good,but he is not good enough for Barca,and cannot compare with Cesc.

He's more than good enough AND can compare to Cesc. As far as I have seen he is more exciting as well. He get's sent off ergo he must be a really poor player. What sort of logic is this ?

I see this logic on redcafe regarding Messi and Ronaldo from certain posters there and others on Real Madrid forums slating Higuain one week praising him the next week.

He at the moment and can only get better is ne of the top playmakers in Europe who has that certain wow factor in a game increasingly dominated by tactical sterility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk_emPuSkHU

M

Manfredo

Pastore did it well against CSKA, showing some of his great passing skills, but the referee was unfair that night. He booked Javier ignoring Honda's yellow card foul against Hernandez. And the linemen were awful too.

Palermo deserved a better result despite of playing with a team full of subs, without Sirigu, Muñoz, Bacinovic, Ilicic and Pinilla. Too many changes...

Tomorrow Il Flaco will be back and he will show his world class football again.

Just take a seat and enjoy :party00231:

Last edited:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I must say that I did not fancy Pastore before I came to this forum, but after reading all the comments and watching all the videos, I am now his biggest fan. Cesc who? Pastore is the one for me.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
they are totally differet type of players, so you cant really compare them both...

plus if you havent seen Pastore play, you cant judge, videos can make someone look as GOD... Quaresma is perfect example... ;)

AURELIUS

they are totally differet type of players, so you cant really compare them both...

plus if you havent seen Pastore play, you cant judge, videos can make someone look as GOD... Quaresma is perfect example... ;)

I've watched the Palermo games this season as I am also keeping an eye on Munoz. Pastore has been superlative in each game.

Ans the serie A commentators agree he is one of the very top players so far.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
i agree about that too mate... Pastore will be one of the best AMs in the world in very short time... The only problem he has imho is that he is not tracking back, which he should as midfielder.. thats slight problem though, nothing important..

Anod his versatility is a bit of problem, last year he was deployed on various position, sucked ass in every of them... He is world class as AM thoguh...

i was just saying about the videos, that you cant really rate a player trough videos, that post was intended for Jonathan ;)

AURELIUS

i agree about that too mate... Pastore will be one of the best AMs in the world in very short time... The only problem he has imho is that he is not tracking back, which he should as midfielder.. thats slight problem though, nothing important..

Anod his versatility is a bit of problem, last year he was deployed on various position, sucked ass in every of them... He is world class as AM thoguh...

i was just saying about the videos, that you cant really rate a player trough videos, that post was intended for Jonathan ;)

I agree with that too Pajo. You have to watch complete games and especially what a player does when they do not have the ball as much as when they have it. He certainly improved his defensive positioning under Rossi but his main weakness still is trying the Hollywood pass every time.

When with the seleccion having Mascherano to tidy up behind should allow him his freedom. ;)

D

dikton

Ángel Cappa: "Pastore es ideal para el FC Barcelona"

Angel Cappa, current coach of River Plate, was the great discoverer of Javier Pastore. Argentina coach spoke exclusively to MundoDeportivo.es and said that "El Flaco", "is ideal for Barcelona."

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I like this guy, though I'd say £25 Million tops, there's no way we should pay Palermo more than that...

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I think he already said in an interview that he wants to stay at Palermo for at least two years. Smart decision, and he's been making very good decisions in terms of his career, unlike a lot of other talented South Americans. Good to see.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
SERIE A NEWS
Palermo starlet Pastore sets sights on Barca
By ESPNsoccernet staff
November 5, 2010

Palermo starlet Javier Pastore has revealed his dreams of one day joining Barcelona in Spain, whilst claiming he has no desire to play for Real Madrid or Inter. The young Argentine has scored four goals in his side's nine league fixtures so far, and has been one of the revelations of the campaign.788110

The opportunity to play with Lionel Messi, and the belief that Barcelona are the biggest and best club in the world are the things influencing Pastore's decision.

"Joining Barcelona? Oh God. It would be a dream to play with Lionel Messi at Barcelona, it is my desire," he said. "I need to continue growing to play for a team like Barcelona. And the fact that Messi plays there is good, like the other Argentinean players.

"Which club would I choose from all of the great ones? They are all great, those which we have seen in the papers [Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona], but I like Barcelona the most for their style of play. Barcelona are the biggest and the best for sure."
---------------
---------------

Home of Barca Fans