Javier Pastore

Pepe Silvia

Seems like the integration into Los Albicelestes will be tougher than fitting into a Serie A side. He disappeared for much of the friendly and didn't assert any kind of commanding presence I felt.

The 1-2s were nice to watch I'll admit and coupled with some improvement in tempo control, he could be the midfield answer.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Seems like the integration into Los Albicelestes will be tougher than fitting into a Serie A side. He disappeared for much of the friendly and didn't assert any kind of commanding presence I felt.

The 1-2s were nice to watch I'll admit and coupled with some improvement in tempo control, he could be the midfield answer.

It's true, he drifted in and out of the match but I don't think that was necessarily an issue with Pastore...More that it's a work in progress for the new look Albicelestes coupled with the reality that Gonzo with Di Maria & Leo isn't going to work...Lavezzi was a genius substitution and provided more width and danger on that right side...They need a ball hawk to pair with Masch, perhaps when Banega is healthier his influence will be better...Leo still is far too deep for Argentina

That will get sorted going forward, I hope...At least it looks like Batista is willing to shake things up...Sure would like to see Ansaldi out there too

AURELIUS

When we play Brazil they play a midfield clamp of three DM's pressing high up the pitch usually kicing and fouling as they go ie Copa final 2007 , 80 fouls in one game......

Pastore had little space to work in. The problem is since Roman exited stage door left no one has the courage or ability to play long at times. There was an enormous amount of space behind their fullbacks which was not used until the second half.

He kept the ball well enough and found his passes but it will take time to find his feet with these new combinations.

As for Banega who should act as the deep lying playmaker I do't think playing in a midfield three helps at all. It needs to be him and Masche.

That three was too narrow at times and too flat and Ever struggled out wide and Pastore also when tasked to track back.

As a consequence the front three get isolated ergo Messi drops deep.

Higuain was not fully fit which was why he struggled.

Width is necessary as well as depth across the pitch and again we lacked it. All this does is to create space which makes it easier for Messi to operate in.

Sorin used to hug the left touchline with Pekerman .
For Checho a 4-3-3 needs proper carrileros not Heinze or Zanetti who only made the one run that far forward as well.

Also as Pastore gets more time he'll assume the reins. At present too often players are passing it to Messi even if he is in a tight spot. They need to use him as a decoy as he often takes two players with him.

The whole team needs to grow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFy2qPYPVSk

0:29-0:50 is ideal at encapsulating this. Pastore works it out it gets to Messi. Higuain with a neat flick to Zanetti who charges up as the Brazilian defence comes over.

Messi's run is used as a decoy for once and allows Zanetti a strike on goal which perhaps he could have done better with. 3:09 the best move of the match.

As for the Lavezzi sub that was more forced than inspired and there was no recognized CF left.

Last edited:
M

Manfredo

I think three games in a week (injury included) were enough for him.

KluivertsBoots

Pastore is one of a kind. He is the closest thing to Cruyff I have seen.

It's a pity we don't have the proper position available in the side with Don Andres and Xavi. I would HATE to see him at Madrid.

KluivertsBoots

But talks too much and should shut up for now

That's all he's been asked about since the World Cup. This is the problem the big sides all have. They fail to do deals for players like this when the time is ripe. Someone could have got a huge bargain pre-WC. He won't leave for anything less than a king's ransom now.

Trequartista

The good
Renewed his contract with Palermo until 2015 with a 60m buy-out clause,really happy because we will not hear from"Why Cesc signed the the extension with Arsenal,lets go for the loyal Pastore who only said he wants to play with Barca OR Madrid" Thanx go now,not sure whether its the best decision for Pastore though,he may regret it soon

Chainsaw

Killahead
Pastore wants to play regular football and he knows the chance of him getting that in Barca is very little now. So I'm not surprised he rather stays with Palermo for more seasons. He's still very young and 1,2 more seasons won't finish him off.

V

Valon

Lol Mido stop hating. He did nothing wrong with signing a new contract with Palermo, if Barca doesn't want him Milan, Inter and Juve will come begging for him soon enough and Palermo will sell.

Lol Mido stop hating. He did nothing wrong with signing a new contract with Palermo, if Barca doesn't want him Milan, Inter and Juve will come begging for him soon enough and Palermo will sell.

He won't come cheep though, how much is the buyout?

Trequartista

The good
no hate at all,valon,I like pastore and he is going to be one f the best players in the world but I just had to comapre his situation to cesc's bec we heard a lot from'cesc is a bitch,why he signed the contract,go for pastore' but then you have to admit that he talks a lot,anyway he made a good decision,in 2012 he will move to a bigger club(respect for palermo though)hopefully not inter or chelsea as I hate them

He won't come cheep though, how much is the buyout?

60m but I think palermo will accept any 45m+ offer

Home of Barca Fans