Javier Pastore

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
IF he turns into a great player.

He has all the makings of a good player, I mean he is lucky to have me chearing him on as he scored his first goal for Inter against Pana in Toronto. I had first row seats, he is destined for greatness.

The reason I say that though is because Iniesta, Pastore, Zidane are all similar in the way they drag the ball and lay it off where as Sniejder is like Deco, and Coutinho like them gets stuck in. They are more explosive action, as opposed to poetic heroism.

Chainsaw

Killahead
He has all the makings of a good player, I mean he is lucky to have me chearing him on as he scored his first goal for Inter against Pana in Toronto. I had first row seats, he is destined for greatness.

The reason I say that though is because Iniesta, Pastore, Zidane are all similar in the way they drag the ball and lay it off where as Sniejder is like Deco, and Coutinho like them gets stuck in. They are more explosive action, as opposed to poetic heroism.

Yeah he may turn into a great player, but he also may not. For now he has alot of mistakes in his game. Lose too many balls. Defenders man handle him easily. It's too soon to say he will be great. He still has a long way to go. So far from what I have seen from him, I don't want to count on anything special from him for at least 1,2 more seasons. And we can't rely on the question that we still has no definite answer for it.

Coutinho still has a long way to go before he becomes a reliable figure for Inter.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
So what do you guys think about the rumors linking him with UTD? On paper it would be a beautiful buy but then with all the history of Argentinians in England and UTD themselves having had a bitter experience with Veron, it could turn out to be a disaster too. And you guys think he could cope up with the ridiculous levels of physical play in England? Also UTD mainly play 4-4-2, even if they decide to start playing with just a lone striker upfront with Pastore lurking behind him, neither can they afford to drop Rooney nor Hernandez deserves to be dropped! Berba himself has been in the form of his life!!

So what's your call on it guys?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Veron was older and more set in his ways when he went there. plus he was being forced into a midfield that worked perfectly together, and Keane treated him really harshly (which has since admitted was wrong, coz he didn't realise how hard it was living out of a suitcase, being away from family, etc.) so that's why he struggled.

Pastore is younger, more adaptable, and will find a squad much more accepting of his presence. and probably a team that NEEDS his presence.

he'd excel if he goes there, I reckon.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
So according to that Ryan_Cule fellow we are in talks with him? My understanding is that he will stay at palermo for another season. Would loooooove to see him on Barca though.
Thoughts?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
He would change your entire system, he won't adapt to your style because he has too much energy to burn. He loves to dribble, he loves the length of the field, he loves to roam around. Naturally he will not want to be off the ball as much especially with Xavi demanding it as much as he does and Messi's countless running attempts.

Fantastic player though.

gingerless

kind of puts the whole cesc talk in the bin though doesn't it? i doubt this, but it would be nice i guess... he would change the system though yeah

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Remember how Xavi dropped deeper in the midfield to allow Deco to run with the ball? This is what you'd have to resort to but Iniesta already does that for you, without losing the ball because Iniesta only attacks open space after beating one man. No one on earth has a better connection and understanding then Iniesta and Xavi. Something Pastore cannot replicate or make up for because he is not the world beater Deco was, yet.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Would love Chelsea to get this guy, but costs too much really. I mean, Roman is willing to spend big cash, but seriously, with this whole fairplay thing coming it's better not to spend so much.

SwiftGuyver

yeah, fantastic player but i can't see us making a move for him any time soon...

this summer i think we will try and bring in Botía, Cesc & Rossi...

I don't think Pastore will leave to a bigger club next year, but most probably in 2 years time. By that time Xavi will be 32 & Iniesta 28. If we bring Fabregas and Thiago does not work out; then there might be a place for Pastore. Even if Xavi continues to play, his level is likely to drop and with Iniesta's injuries and the absence of a player who can replace him; I don't think the prospects of signing Pastore in 2 years time would be that far-fetched.

Home of Barca Fans