Javier Pastore

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he is a superb player. tbh I can even see him playing in the forward line (like how Pep sometimes used Iniesta there).

so, I mean, if we signed Pastore and Cesc, that could be quite interesting.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
he is a superb player. tbh I can even see him playing in the forward line (like how Pep sometimes used Iniesta there).

so, I mean, if we signed Pastore and Cesc, that could be quite interesting.

No, in a happy world he'd play there. He may do well but much like Iniesta, yo would be taking so much away from him, and your team if you play him there. Pastore LOVES to run, he sees the game, the pass, the play all from the midfield, full vision, tons of options and that is what makes him superb. His control is good to hold onto the ball, his vision and ideas encompass the entire field. To stick him in a position that requires instant acceleration would take away from him, a lot. Just because he is a good dribbler and a good passer/crosser does not mean you can stick him out wide. Even Theirry Henry who had all the skill in the world struggled A LOT there.

A playmaker he is, and a play maker he should play, full field, full length all 360 degrees.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I don't mean to stick him out wide, but to give him freedom like Iniesta has when he plays out there.

I think this may even be something that Batista tries to use in the future for Argentina. playing Pastore, Messi and Di Maria in the forward line. it relies on midfield runners, obviously, but it's potentially a very dangerous set-up as Pastore is a big guy whose shooting and such are improving. and the interchanging of movement he has w/ Messi and Di Maria (they all understand each other brilliantly) could be very potent.

he could be an interesting signing as a forward, is all I'm saying. Sanchez or Aguero would still be my preferred choices.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I don't mean to stick him out wide, but to give him freedom like Iniesta has when he plays out there.

I think this may even be something that Batista tries to use in the future for Argentina. playing Pastore, Messi and Di Maria in the forward line. it relies on midfield runners, obviously, but it's potentially a very dangerous set-up as Pastore is a big guy whose shooting and such are improving. and the interchanging of movement he has w/ Messi and Di Maria (they all understand each other brilliantly) could be very potent.

he could be an interesting signing as a forward, is all I'm saying. Sanchez or Aguero would still be my preferred choices.

How do you propose the line up to be really for Argentina then? I fail to see your line up, does this exclude an out and out striker like Aguero and Higuain?

barcaboy15

How do you propose the line up to be really for Argentina then? I fail to see your line up, does this exclude an out and out striker like Aguero and Higuain?

Man, Argentina really do have some great forwards - Messi, Di Maria, Higuain, Tevez, Aguero, Milito.....

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The front six is going to be like this:

Main: Di Maria Higuain Messi
Subs: Lavezzi Tevez Aguero

In any case, Messi will start and choose the rest of the two according to your best liking from the other 5.

Yugi

well in 2014 argentina will be pretty much unstoppable

messi, aguero, higuain, pastore, lamela, andrada, di maria, lavezzi, mascherano...

Yugi

I would blame it on shit coach
let´s hope this generation will bring it home, they won u20 in 2005 with messi, they won olympics in 2008 and they can do it on WC and Copa too

Chainsaw

Killahead
I would blame it on shit coach
let´s hope this generation will bring it home, they won u20 in 2005 with messi, they won olympics in 2008 and they can do it on WC and Copa too

Coaches oops is just one problem. The Team Chemistry is the MAIN problem!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
The front six is going to be like this:

Main: Di Maria Higuain Messi
Subs: Lavezzi Tevez Aguero

In any case, Messi will start and choose the rest of the two according to your best liking from the other 5.

so far he seems to like Di Maria and Lavezzi.

whatever the system, Di Maria has to play because no one else syncs with Messi like he does. and then it's just a matter of who the remaining striker is. Lavezzi is the most deferential, so is good for doing a lot of intelligent running offensively and defensively ala Pedro. but unlike Pedro he's not a clinical finisher so playing him does blunt the goal threat somewhat.

for me, it's up to Higuain and Aguero to prove they can do more than hover on the last shoulder and score oodles. because of they can participate fully in the buildup then some shit can really get cookin'.

and yeah I meant instead of a striker. he's gone to the formation twice now in Friendlies. obviously he's just experimenting, but it's a look worth considering. not as a permanent thing, but as an option to mix it up. Pastore has always played really far forward anyway. once the Copa is gone and Cucho is out of the picture it's more likely to be useless tho, as it'll be easy to return to double pivot (Badger & Banega) and enganche (Pastore).

the-don

Yeah that is the problem. Where will he play in our system and how much can he play as Iniesta is playing all games if he isn't injured, and we bought Afellay who plays as a wing we also got Bojan who needs time. And can't forget Thiago with him being promoted. This is a time with a overflow of players for us.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
so far he seems to like Di Maria and Lavezzi.

whatever the system, Di Maria has to play because no one else syncs with Messi like he does. and then it's just a matter of who the remaining striker is. Lavezzi is the most deferential, so is good for doing a lot of intelligent running offensively and defensively ala Pedro. but unlike Pedro he's not a clinical finisher so playing him does blunt the goal threat somewhat.

for me, it's up to Higuain and Aguero to prove they can do more than hover on the last shoulder and score oodles. because of they can participate fully in the buildup then some shit can really get cookin'.

and yeah I meant instead of a striker. he's gone to the formation twice now in Friendlies. obviously he's just experimenting, but it's a look worth considering. not as a permanent thing, but as an option to mix it up. Pastore has always played really far forward anyway. once the Copa is gone and Cucho is out of the picture it's more likely to be useless tho, as it'll be easy to return to double pivot (Badger & Banega) and enganche (Pastore).

This could easily be Real Madrid of the mid 2000s

FOUR ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS:

Higuain
Di Maria Messi Pastore Tevez

Mascherano

No need for defense...

Let there be anal rapage...

Home of Barca Fans