Javier Pastore

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Cause that's going to make them beat Barcelona, right? :lol: A smart man will go to whoever needs him the most, who is in more need of a creative player? Hmmm.

Barcafan 2304

Cause that's going to make them beat Barcelona, right? :lol: A smart man will go to whoever needs him the most, who is in more need of a creative player? Hmmm.

Yeah, i said it tongue in cheek mate. Their list must be unusually long now, surely they will have to start shedding some players?

N

nejcf15

u know why Zamparini wants 50m for Pastore?

cuz 50% of transfer goes to Pastore's agent.

N

nejcf15

Thats ridiculous. Why does an agent who does jack shit but traffic humans get 25 million?

Believe me, that it's true. Palermo is my 2nd fav. club, so I know much about them.
Agents company* actually.

Javier wants to stay at Palermo, but Zamparini and agent are forcing him to move. Not only that, Palermo already bought his replacament from Israel months ago. Eran Zahavi.

N

nejcf15

he wants €€€. Palermo bought Pastore for ~7,5 millions, his salary is ~1 million/year (bit lower I guess, Liverani and Miccoli were the only players with over than 1m/year past season). If Pastore is sold for 25m, 12,5m goes to "Marcelo Simoniani" and probably something like million also to his former clubs (Cordoba and Huracan). So, Pastore would cost Palermo like 9-10 millions (salary and transfer) and Palermo wouldn't get much more cash for him. There are 2 chances:
- transfer for ~25-35m
- staying at Palermo next few seasons.

U'll see on 30th August, when Zamparini will sell him for less than 30m.

N

nejcf15

Palermo blog in english lang. Part of "TheOffside" blogs, all Serie A club has active blog there.
Easily the biggest name in Palermo’s transfer market dealings, Javier Pastore has a very uncertain future with the club. There are many factors surrounding his status, but Zamparini set to sell his starlet, it seems that last season was El Flaco’s last with Palermo. The president has stated a price tag of no less than 50 million for his services, in part due to the fact that the Pastore has a clause in his contract that dictates any future sale of the player will see 50% go to the agent’s company (which owns half of the player). As such, if Palermo sell Javier at the asking price, they’ll only get half of it – such is the nature of contracts in the modern age. The biggest problem in all of this is that Pastore doesn’t want to leave and has stated on numerous occasions that he’d like to spend one more year in Sicily before moving on. However, when Zamparini sets his mind to something, he does so with or without approval from anyone else. Perhaps seeing this as a fleeting opportunity before financial fair play really kicks in, Zamparini wants to sell now rather than later. In any case, the only hope is that no club offers a price Zamparini is willing to accept. That seems to be the only way Palermo fans will get to witness the brilliance of Javier Pastore in rosanero next season.

http://palermo.theoffside.com/team-news/mercato-madness-midfielders-part-2.html

And yeah, this blog is reliable.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I won't say the thing about the Clause is not true, but since I check the offside site myself and most of the bloggers are simple fans like you and me it's possible that they could be wrong about what they write down, as I've seen such cases before in there.

Chainsaw

Killahead
caricatura.JPG

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Bookmakers have made Chelsea favourite to sign him now. Quite the gamble, I do like him a lot but for the price there are probably better alternatives.

Home of Barca Fans