Javier Pastore

Yugi

How much exactly have you seen Oriol Romeu play?

have no idea, 15? imo, villas boas is trying to get exact players that are fit for 433 or 4231 system and romeu with pastore are right players for it, yes they are young and unproven but so were fabregas, wilshere, ramsey and many other... with AVB in chel$ea there´s big chance they will be dominating every game

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Whoever comes out of Pastore and Modric would eventually take Lamps place, probably starting this season, I don't see Lampard fitting in the midfield with those two, Ramires would be a much better compliment to either one.

Trickykid

have no idea, 15? imo, villas boas is trying to get exact players that are fit for 433 or 4231 system and romeu with pastore are right players for it, yes they are young and unproven but so were fabregas, wilshere, ramsey and many other... with AVB in chel$ea there´s big chance they will be dominating every game

I could very well be mistaken, but weren't you complaining about the Oriol move, that he would have no chance of getting any minutes at Chelsea?
In any case, I haven't seen enough of Romeu to judge whether he'll be a succes with Patore or not, but it seems fairly bold to hail that linkup this soon.

Yugi

I was complaining why we are selling our biggest DM promise but after realising that Essien is off for months, AVB playing with 3 midfielders like Barca and Oriol being physical monster (in Barca ofc) I think it´s good deal. He and Pastore will have to prove themselves and won´t get starting 11 spot at the beginning of the season but if everything goes well than Pastore and Oriol and probably some other midfielder (have no idea who) will be very good.
And also AVB has crush on Romeu since his time in Porto so I guess he will get some minutes.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
-Pastore--Ramires
------Romeu

Could be how things turn out, or Mikel as the DM, which is what will be happening at the start anyway. I see Lampard being eased out of the team from now on.

Trickykid

I was complaining why we are selling our biggest DM promise but after realising that Essien is off for months, AVB playing with 3 midfielders like Barca and Oriol being physical monster (in Barca ofc) I think it´s good deal. He and Pastore will have to prove themselves and won´t get starting 11 spot at the beginning of the season but if everything goes well than Pastore and Oriol and probably some other midfielder (have no idea who) will be very good.
And also AVB has crush on Romeu since his time in Porto so I guess he will get some minutes.

Alright. That makes sense.

Trickykid

-Pastore--Ramires
------Romeu

Could be how things turn out, or Mikel as the DM, which is what will be happening at the start anyway. I see Lampard being eased out of the team from now on.

How about that Josh McEachran kid? Isn't he supposed to be the next big thing in the Chelsea midfield?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah we'll have to see. He won't be ready to play regularly this year, MAYBE next season or, more likely, the one after. I reckon they'll keep him until January and then decide whether or not they want to loan him out for the remainder of the season. He's got a load of potential but I don't think he's quite a Jack Wilshere at this point. That said, other than Cesc, Arsenal's midfield is rather average so Jack didn't have a huge task ahead of him to break in.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He hasn't been the player he once was for about 1.5-2 years now. Hoping Ramires will go from strength to strength this season and not get any more silly sending offs!

Chainsaw

Killahead
"I will speak only after the sale. We are closing it now, it's a matter of hours." Zamparini announced in Sky Sport 24 about the sale of Javier Pastore. Chelsea is in pole position.

Home of Barca Fans