Jean Marie Dongou

jamrock

if hunter didn't say he wasny impressed by messiah and just the rest people wouldn't have a issue with the statement as if everyone who has seen messi at a young age had to be impressed, Tim vickery is another one that wasn't impressed the first time he saw him.

i saw him at 16-17 and he seem highly talented but believed the hype to much, if you don't believe me just look at what he said about ricky not playing him when he first got into the team.

as to how graham described dongou its pretty spot on.

low centre of gravity
fast
strong
and can pick a shot like nobodies business.

if you don't believe that means you didn't see him when he was 15-16.

jamrock

also i am willing to bet graham actually saw messi at the age he referred to while almost none who critical of his comments started to know messi at the u20 wc if that.

so the have little ground to stand on saying he was work, further more he commented more on his attitude that is ability.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
At 16 it was patently clear Leo was a special talent...he's been like that since he was 5 years old - a force of nature

spark

I've no idea what we're arguing about anymore, but any excuse to post young Messi is a good one !

Yugi

when Camp Nou chanted his name when he was 17 year old teenager I think it was good inidication that he was something absolutely special...Messi is just beyond everyone´s level no matter what age

Robert

Comparing anyone to Messi is not doing any favors to that person.

Just let every young player define himself, nobody is "the new Messi" or "the new Xavi"...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
so that means no you didn't see him play at 15-16

Fallacy of exclusion...I've seen him since he was 15...I was talking within the context of the first team
Rexach knew he was special simply walking a few meters away from the touchline and far from the play when Leo came from Argentina...Messi is cantera but he had special abilities that were there before he ever set foot in Europe

Anyone who claims Messi wasn't simply demonstrates how little they know foot ball...It is a singular truth that Leo is a phenomena...no one should be compared to him...Its a sad day when a decent bloke & writer makes an azz of himself diminishing Messi

jamrock

how did he diminish messi he didn't even comment on his footballing ability he basically said he sulked on the pitch.

people are acting like the dude said messi was crap. clearly not everyone thought he was godly coming up, you knew he had super ability though.

JamDav1982

how did he diminish messi he didn't even comment on his footballing ability he basically said he sulked on the pitch.

people are acting like the dude said messi was crap. clearly not everyone thought he was godly coming up, you knew he had super ability though.

Exactly. Frank De Boer has said then exact same thing he saw Messi when he was younger and couldnt see the hype.

It seems that it was hit or miss whether you caught him on a day he was up for it or not back then and sometimes he sulked if played out of position.

jamrock

yeah, i saw messi at 16 and as i have said a few times you could see the talent but he was very much a soloist and i was drop dead impressed, took another couple of games.

also if people think he didn't sulk think again, he was the won that said it took after frank left for him to appreciate him, as i wanted the coach to play him more. coming up he had a ego, he knew he was a big talent and wanted to be treated as such.

Home of Barca Fans