Jeremy Mathieu

FC B

not shure PSG belongs in that list, they haven't impressed this season so far in the rather weak ligue 1

Agreed. They haven't impressed but they have individual top world class players. Also rm, Bayern, Chelshit and others pose such threats to our team not only as a whole but also individually. With all due respect Athletic or Villareal cannot match the individual value of those top class teams though they are quite good with their team play.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Who cares about Individual players. We will dominate them, they don't offer any resistance. Barca will definitely get the top spot with ease.

Afro

"@barcastuff: In the speed tests during Barcelona's pre-season, French centre back Jeremy Mathieu proved to be the fastest player of the squad. [md]"

Not sure if serious...

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Yeah, if it was an acceleration test, Messi would demolish the rest. I think he must be on Auba/Bolt level when it comes the acceleration.

blaugrana1987

Mathieu is definitely faster then Neymar, but Alba? Could be close...Alba definitely accelerates faster, but accross 100m I think Mathieu would be faster.

barcanuck

"@barcastuff: In the speed tests during Barcelona's pre-season, French centre back Jeremy Mathieu proved to be the fastest player of the squad. [md]"

Not sure if serious...

Not surprised the guy is one fast mofo. Depends how they did they speed test anyhow, short bursts Mathieu may not be as fast as others but overall when he gets going he is a speed demon.

sabby

Messi is the fastest with a ball, be it acceleration or speed. Off the ball, Alba should be the fastest in the team. Although its possible for Mathieu to be faster in a longer race as people or any animal (e.g. cheetah) who accelerate very fast are not that good holding that level for a longer distance.

Ghosting

Would they do speed tests for 100m though seems unnecessary.

I certainly no how it feels to be really fast for the first 15-20m but then just see pretty much everyone overtake me come the 50/60m mark. It's the short legs and considering i'm 5'10 and Alba and Messi are like 5'7 i can see why they wouldn't be quick at the longer sprints.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
alba had a speed test with usain bolt while that was happening

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forum Fiend v1.2.10.

Home of Barca Fans