Jeremy Mathieu

ScoobySquats

This is why you don't hype players after 2 or 3 good performances. He looked very Pique-esque, other than going forward of course.
Really excited to see him and Bartra or Vermaelen after he's fully fit

barcanuck

I think Lucho gave him a licence to venture up more today ala pique he was quite dangerous and could of had 2 goals. Silly mistakes didn't cost us and I hope its just because he was allowed to roam up more today.

Darko

Not a good game, tried to be cute with flicks and dribbles to keep possession but should have played it simple. But he was solid defensively.

FC B

I really don't want to criticise him for nothing but this is the first game at our club in which he commited some little blunders that almost cost us goals.
He needs to be more concetrated in the future matches...

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Had some sloppy moments in possession and that one dumb slide tackle (he's used to getting those with his long legs, didn't anticipate well at all). A fair amount of good moments today but not a commendable game overall. Happens though, I still very much trust him.

Irish_Cules

He was sloppy tonight on a few occasions. Apart from today and Villareal, he has been flawless in his other performances. When he's on form the attributes he provides are perfect for our defence. It is a bit worrying that he has had a second sloppy performance but hopefully these will be rarer as the season goes on.

F

Flavia

Had some really sloppy moments, he was hot and cold today.

Hahaha, there you go Mathieu, now face the wrath of Barcaforum!!!

Nah, the real wrath will only come after a goal is conceded because of a mistake, today he escaped :pep:

amircule

Mathieu made 3 mistakes that Levante, fortunately, didn't cash in. He's made mistakes in all games which have not been too costly because of quick recovery by the rest of the defense. He may be faster than Pique , but not as reliable .

BBZ8800

But still, we played 4 Liga matches without conceding a Goal.

When was the last time when that happened?
Last Season, we were conceding goals virtually against everyone.
Also, did we have any troubles after corner kicks in the first 4 games, like we had in the past?

Yes, the whole team plays and defends differently this Season, but Mathieu and other defenders are not bad.
They are not perfect, but they are still a huge improvement over a last few seasons.

karthik

I wonder when his luck of escaping from poor headed clearances would run out. Hopefully not on a classico !

Professor Chaos

He's making so many mistakes that I don't want him in important games. Quality players will take advatage of his mistakes for 99,99%. We still didn't play any strong team. PSG is first on the list. Lavezzi/Ibra/Cavani vs Pique/Mathieu :lol:

amircule

Mathieu should give C.Bravo ,Rakitic, and Mascherano a puff after another clean sheet
ByFckJOCYAAP3Zk.jpg

Chong Li

Whine whine whine

Yeah, PSG is such a strong opponent, they'll cash in on the countless mistakes Mathieu makes.
(Has anybody checked their record? 4 draws in 6 league matches is so impressive in Ligue 1, no doubt they'll crush us with ease)

5 official games and we didn't concede one single goal.

Love all the negativity in here!

Home of Barca Fans