Joan Laporta

serghei

Exactly. And I am affraid that his big promissess could be jack shit... We will end up on free signings. Only IF Barca somehow offloads Griez, Umtiti, Lenglet, Cou, Roberto.. heck that is almost impossible task. Who on Earth is onsane to take that wage on it's head. Overpayin finaly bite Barca's ass.

Hell, at this point I'd be happy if we don't end up singing Messi's pals from Argentina to make him stay. Forget about Haaland, let's hope we don't make any steps back. I'd be happy with some decent free transfers like Garcia and Depay with us selling dead weight on huge wages.

Just don't sign amigos to keep Messi happy.

And do something about the financial mess we're in.

That would be great for a first year from Laporta and his board.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

Hell, at this point I'd be happy if we don't end up singing Messi's pals from Argentina to make him stay. Forget about Haaland, let's hope we don't make any steps back. I'd be happy with some decent free transfers like Garcia and Depay with us selling dead weight on huge wages.

Just don't sign amigos to keep Messi happy.

And do something about the financial mess we're in.

That would be great for a first year from Laporta and his board.

When folks take a look at what other clubs offer to Haaland, how they can persuade him, a to think Bar?a can cope with that...

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb.../el-barca-en-la-gran-batalla-por-haaland.html

Vilarrubi

Laporta's team is negotiating the agreement for the Barca Corporate project with an international investor.

There are four offers on the table from business partners to take over 49% of Barca Corporate for an amount between 250-300m.

@LaVanguardia

Anyone wondering what “Barca Corporate” is, Barca Academy, the Barca Innovation Hub, Barca Licensing and Merchandising and Barca Studios.

KingLeo10

Laporta's team is negotiating the agreement for the Barca Corporate project with an international investor.

There are four offers on the table from business partners to take over 49% of Barca Corporate for an amount between 250-300m.

@LaVanguardia

Anyone wondering what “Barca Corporate” is, Barca Academy, the Barca Innovation Hub, Barca Licensing and Merchandising and Barca Studios.

Siuuuuuuuuuuuu

BarcaOG

Banned
Griezman on 33.8 m net LMAOL
I don't give a damn how much Atletico was paying him.
Coutinho might need to go as well, but the difference in their wages says that Griezman needs to go ASAP.

I wonder IF Messi goes, whether they decide to keep one of Griez/Cou

Holy shit that graphic makes me sick. This club is run by morons. (At least the previous board/president).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We should tread carefully with those investors and make sure we remain in full control of Barca Corporate and ideally, there should be a way for us to pay back the investor and get the 49% back down the road.

serghei

Exactly. This looks like something that could lead to some kind of "selling" our "souls" to vulchers funds etc.

Unfortunately, this is what usually happens when you are in the hole. Some amount of selling out will probably happen. How much and how controlled it will be are key.

Path A: You enter an austerity period where you will be competitive in La Liga, but not in Europe for about 5-6 years probably. Try to make with what you have, sell or don't extend the players who have high or astronomic (we know who) wages, and cut on costs. But you keep your integrity and your model.

Path B: You try to obtain funds to get out of this mess, but by doing this you lose a bit of integrity and sell out to private entities, banks, and other corporations. At least on a temporary basis. But you can maybe get back in top faster if you make the right transfers. You can be back running a top team as soon as next season or the season after with 2-3 strong moves.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So Jaume Giro will attend Laporta's first press conference/inauguration you could say as new Barca President on Wednesday.

Must not have been that big of a fight then.......:shrug:

Joan

Weird rumor altogether. So he didn't resign in the end? :lol:

Don't know if it's the media on Laporta's back or they aren't too good at keeping petty fights behind closed doors.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Weird rumor altogether. So he didn'r resign in the end? :lol:

Don't know if it's the media on Laporta's back or they aren't too good at keeping petty fights behind closed doors.

No, he resigned.

But there doesn't seem to be any bad blood whatsoever as some people in the media wanted to speculate. Perhaps it's true that he got a top job offer in London where he'll have to move and therefore not be able to commit to Barca.

Home of Barca Fans