Joan Laporta

Gari

"Barcelona, ​​Juventus, and Real Madrid CF want to express their most absolute rejection of the insistent coercion that UEFA has been maintaining towards three of the greatest institutions in the history of football." "Barcelona, Juventus and Madrid, centenary clubs, will not yield to any type of coercion or intolerable pressure and continue to show their firm will to debate, from dialogue and respect, the urgent solutions that the world of football demands today." "Likewise, this attitude is alarming in flagrant breach of the decision of the courts of justice, which have already clearly ruled warning UEFA to refrain from taking any action against the founding clubs of the Super League while the judicial procedure is being processed.""Either we modernize football, or we will witness its inevitable ruin."

JamDav1982

The clubs are right.

Football is fucked unless there are changes.

There is one league that will benefit from status quo and it is EPL.

SmilerBam

Do you not have any words other than "pussy", "bitch" and the likes to name our players? Pique is past it, everyone agrees, but please show some respect. That "pussy" Pique with his skinny ass was 10 times the player "muscle guy" Gossens will ever be and has given this club more than some so called alphas, machos, brickhouses or whatever you want to call them.

Spot on man. These stupid kinders don't know anything about football. All they want is speed and muscle, because that is what it works in Fifa.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

The clubs are right.

Yeah? So why we need a European SuperShit that no one is relegated and they are there just because...nothing? What is the point in that? And why it's the fault of english teams that other leagues can't merchandise their product better? Or why is it their fault that stupid Bartomeu wasted 500 million euros on stupid transfers? I hate english football and England in general, but it s not their fault other clubs are in a mess.

Porque

"Barcelona, ​​Juventus, and Real Madrid CF want to express their most absolute rejection of the insistent coercion that UEFA has been maintaining towards three of the greatest institutions in the history of football." "Barcelona, Juventus and Madrid, centenary clubs, will not yield to any type of coercion or intolerable pressure and continue to show their firm will to debate, from dialogue and respect, the urgent solutions that the world of football demands today." "Likewise, this attitude is alarming in flagrant breach of the decision of the courts of justice, which have already clearly ruled warning UEFA to refrain from taking any action against the founding clubs of the Super League while the judicial procedure is being processed.""Either we modernize football, or we will witness its inevitable ruin."

This statement is a bit cliche.

But there is a certain truth in it, that the club should have a right to influence the European competition format, and not be threatened for producing alternatives. A football club union of sorts, which the G14 has failed to be of recent.

What they lack is other clubs on their side. With just 3, UEFA can just bar and fine them and leave the trio with long legal procedure and fees to fight against. Not ideal.

The Milan clubs lacked the backbone thanks to being foreign owned and having vested interest outside of football which necetates good political terms- just like the Oil clubs.

Florentino should of envisioned this and got the owners of the Portuguese big 3 in faze one, and maybe teams like Sevilla.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yeah? So why we need a European SuperShit that no one is relegated and they are there just because...nothing? What is the point in that? And why it's the fault of english teams that other leagues can't merchandise their product better? Or why is it their fault that stupid Bartomeu wasted 500 million euros on stupid transfers? I hate english football and England in general, but it s not their fault other clubs are in a mess.

You making up things to argue against?

SmilerBam

The folk that are 'stupid' are the ones that dont realise football has moved on and what Barca lack.

So you want Barca to be like Liverpool, right? That is not possible, for various reasons. We need to upgrade, not to lose our style. And i bet you on everything that Barca from 2011 will obliterate every so called big team nowadays. They wouldn't even touch the ball. Barca from then had to compete with much better teams than what football offers nowadays.

JamDav1982

So you want Barca to be like Liverpool, right? That is not possible, for various reasons. We need to upgrade, not to lose our style. And i bet you on everything that Barca from 2011 will obliterate every so called big team nowadays. They wouldn't even touch the ball. Barca from then had to compete with much better teams than what football offers nowadays.

There you go again making up shit to argue against but if you compare Liverpool to Barca now... then yes would absolutely be better off with similar type players.

Regardless Barca need more pace and power in the team or will continue to get out run and out muscled at highest level.

Barca 2011 is irrelevant.

Givenchy

2011 Barca is the greatest football team to ever play the sport with the greatest ever player, something we'll most likely never witness again. to chase the style we played back then would be a mistake, even Pep had to evolve.

If Pep returned next season he wouldn't even attempt at playing that style

as for being more like Liverpool. I'd take Klopp > another 100mil flop player

SmilerBam

2011 Barca is the greatest football team to ever play the sport with the greatest ever player, something we'll most likely never witness again. to chase the style we played back then would be a mistake, even Pep had to evolve.

If Pep returned next season he wouldn't even attempt at playing that style

as for being more like Liverpool. I'd take Klopp > another 100mil flop player
I'd take Klopp too, but i doubt we can ever play like his Liverpool. Regarding Pep, his principles of playing football remain the same. I agree that his Barca was an outlier, but when i watch City, i see a lot in common with that team.

El Guaje

Bruh the 2011 team is arguably the best team ever in club football with the goat player himself in his prime years, the best midfield trio of all time consisting of 2 of the best if not the best CMs ever, Alves one of goat RB’s and spanish NT top scorer of all time. To have all of that at the same time is like incredibly rare so gl building a team like that ever again.

Laporta: ?Football has changed and that is something we have discussed with Alemany. We must move forward with things and become a reference in all areas" #FCB

My president

Bruh the 2011 team is arguably the best team ever in club football with the goat player himself in his prime years, the best midfield trio of all time consisting of 2 of the best if not the best CMs ever, Alves one of goat RB?s and spanish NT top scorer of all time. To have all of that at the same time is like incredibly rare so gl building a team like that ever again.

Red Star Belgrade 91 would beat any Pep's team easily

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The clubs are right.

True.

Shame people behind Superleague didn't thought out their presentation more. It came out a bit amateurish. Having few smaller clubs being able to join via invitations for having won their respective leagues would have kicked out some ammo from the critics.

Changes are needed and it will have to be fast. Even then I am not sure if football will maintain its relevance with gaming industry leaping forward.

Home of Barca Fans