Joan Laporta

serghei

Don't think Barca and Madrid have been really interesting projects for managers for years and years. Even Zidane, with the good he did, he did it in a Valverde-style. With the status quo, with the old-timers, not building anything new. Look at him now, when he has to move past that, he struggles.

JamDav1982

You buy into this EPL story far too much. Top managers go for good sporting projects. Guardiola went to City because City wanted him very much, and they already hired some of his former partners in the club.

First Pep went to Bundesliga. Conte went to EPL, won the league, and then left to Serie A. Now he could be back in EPL. Top managers move around where they are wanted and where they are allowed to do their jobs.

Barca/Madrid need to get rid of this culture where the main bosses in the locker-room are past legends, and where the presidents suck up to these players. No self respecting manager will walk into a club to be dicked by washed up stars backed by sleazy presidents.

What is the 'EPL story'?

Fair changed days when was told the league wouldnt start being the main centre for coaches and players to head to.

Coaches by and large are being attracted to the EPL for a variety of reasons. Doesnt mean they will jump there immediately or remain for rest of career.

serghei

What is the 'EPL story'?

Fair changed days when was told the league wouldnt start being the main centre for coaches and players to head to.

Coaches by and large are being attracted to the EPL for a variety of reasons. Doesnt mean they will jump there immediately or remain for rest of career.

EPL Story is the idea that managing clubs like Liverpool / Chelsea is more appealing for elite managers than managing clubs like Barca or Madrid that are properly run, and not in the hands of past legends and presidents interfering. The problem with Barca/Madrid is that elite managers don't want to deal with the politics behind the job.

Complete rubbish for me. Barca, Madrid, Bayern these clubs are A-listers in terms of appeal for most elite managers. You just have to run a clean house and have a clear, sound project that you present to your desired manager. But Barca and Madrid didn't have that in years, and went after managers who are "accepted" by the locker room.

First lets see Barca and Madrid clean up the in-house mess they've created for themselves, and then we can see how we can deal with EPL clubs.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

EPL Story is the idea that managing clubs like Liverpool / Chelsea is more appealing for elite managers than managing clubs like Barca or Madrid that are properly run, and not in the hands of past legends and presidents interfering. The problem with Barca/Madrid is that elite managers don't want to deal with the politics behind the job.

Complete rubbish for me. Barca, Madrid, Bayern these clubs are A-listers in terms of appeal for most elite managers. You just have to run a clean house and have a clear, sound project that you present to your desired manager. But Barca and Madrid didn't have that in years, and went after managers who are "accepted" by the locker room.

First lets see Barca and Madrid clean up the in-house mess they've created for themselves, and then we can see how we can deal with EPL clubs.

How on earth is that 'The EPL story'?

You just made that up to fit when asked to back up what you meant by it... so it is about coaches.

Dont agree that Barca and Real jobs are more appealing and EPL due to number of high profile clubs and even smaller clubs with the exposure they get will be more attractive across the board for coaches than La Liga.

La Liga is more than just Barca and Real.

Barca, Real, Bayern and PSG etc will always have chances to be best in Europe no one is claiming EPL clubs will win it every year and always have the top few teams at all times.

serghei

The Premier league won't dominate forever, La Liga especially will be back, I can't see Klopp and Pep staying in England much longer either and they are the two main reasons the Premier league looks stronger.

Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG, Man City, Chelsea and maybe Man Utd if they get their act together will dominate not just the English clubs. I don't think Liverpool will be as much of a threat after Klopp.

Yep, they are outsiders. I'd be more worried if somehow they'd produce elite managers who aren't German or Spanish, but British. Those could stay at the same club for a lot longer.

If you'd somehow have Pep back, in 2 years maximum Barca would be better than current City.

FinBarcelonafan

I've been to Old Trafford, Ethidad, Stamford Bridge etc. They don't compare to Camp Nou. Just one thing which makes Barca special. The stadium is fecking massive. Just the stadium makes Barca feel more special in a way.

Not that atmosphere is better at Camp Nou though.

Old Trafford feels like cozy old stadium compared to Camp Nou for example.

Barca has this aura about it. Special. We need to keep that.

serghei

How on earth is that 'The EPL story'?

You just made that up to fit when asked to back up what you meant by it... so it is about coaches.

Dont agree that Barca and Real jobs are more appealing and EPL due to number of high profile clubs and even smaller clubs with the exposure they get will be more attractive across the board for coaches than La Liga.

La Liga is more than just Barca and Real.

Barca, Real, Bayern and PSG etc will always have chances to be best in Europe no one is claiming EPL clubs will win it every year and always have the top few teams at all times.

Yes, La Liga's potential is very close to EPL. We've seen even today, Villareal beat United. Sevilla beat Liverpool a while back. If Barca, Madrid, and partly Atletico get their shit together, the league is strong.

I'm not talking money or popularity. But football quality here, the overall strength of the competition.

Even this year, Madrid easily knocked out EPL champions. Villareal beat EPL 2nd place.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I've been to Old Trafford, Ethidad, Stamford Bridge etc. They don't compare to Camp Nou. Just one thing which makes Barca special. The stadium is fecking massive. Just the stadium makes Barca feel more special in a way.

Not that atmosphere is better at Camp Nou though.

Old Trafford feels like cozy old stadium compared to Camp Nou for example.

Barca has the biggest stadium. Agreed.

FinBarcelonafan

Yes, La Liga's potential is very close to EPL. We've seen even today, Villareal beat United. Sevilla beat Liverpool a while back. If Barca, Madrid, and partly Atletico get their shit together, the league is strong.

Of course it looks bad now because all three are at their worst AT the same time.

Usually at least one would be competent.

serghei

Of course it looks bad now because all three are at their worst AT the same time.

Usually at least one would be competent.

Yea, but they are terrible because they fucked up. It's not as they make it sound, they should just own up to what they did wrong, improve on that, and get back.

JamDav1982

La Liga isnt close because Villareal beat United in a final.

There as big a gap between the two leagues as can remember in terms of EPL being ahead.

Well done to Villareal but they were as shite as Man Utd were and would be well down EPL.

serghei

La Liga isnt close because Villareal beat United in a final.

There as big a gap between the two leagues as can remember in terms of EPL being ahead.

Sure, I just said, if Madrid and Barca in particular get their shit together. Both are wondering about trying to pretend the likes of Pique, Modric, Busquets are the best. :lol:

Their cycle is over but just refuse to accept it.

FinBarcelonafan

Yea, but they are terrible because they fucked up. It's not as they make it sound, they should just own up to what they did wrong, improve on that, and get back.

To be honest I don't think Real Madrid fucked up. Sure they made one bad buy too, Hazard, Atletico Felix and Barcelona Dembele and Coutinho.

Making such a big deal and failing would hurt any club.

At least Real had the funds to fix Bernabeu and it's soon done. Barca has fucked up way more than Real.

FinBarcelonafan

Sure, I just said, if Madrid and Barca in particular get their shit together. Both are wondering about trying to pretend the likes of Pique, Modric, Busquets are the best. :lol:

Their cycle is over but just refuse to accept it.

So true. We keep holding to past. That's been our mistake the past 3-4 years.

serghei

To be honest I don't think Real Madrid fucked up. Sure they made one bad buy too, Hazard, Atletico Felix and Barcelona Dembele and Coutinho.

Yea, Madrid and Barca fucked up though. The main axis of both teams is super washed up. Ramos - Carvajal - Marcelo - Kroos - Modric - Pique - Busquets - Jordi Alba - Suarez (until not long ago) etc. And the expensive signings they made were largely terrible deals.

Fecking hell, most of these were around even 12 years ago.

Home of Barca Fans