Joan Laporta

serghei

Still early days but it looks like none of these bums want to leave. Think the board should be direct and let them know they're not going to be counted for upcoming season.

As if they care... most would be perfectly fine with seeing their contract out without playing any minutes.

khaled_a_d

As if they care... most would be perfectly fine with seeing their contract out without playing any minutes.

Depends on the players.
Some has legacy here and would probably care for their post retirement career, and having good relationships with new president is huge part of it. There is a reason we have Marquez and Valdes back, along with Deco having relation to the club.
All of those left on good terms, even if on their own terms. I think part of it is a message to the veterans: We can help yoy to establish a career beyond being player, as long you keep things easily for us.
The likes of Busquets and Roberto and probably Alba has something to lose, Pique is wild card too.

OTOH, there are players who fight for legacy like Griezmann, he is a great player overall with great career, arguably the best player of his NT in one of their better generations .
Staying on high salary is cool, but adding trophies and being star of his team is rewarding too.

Abd then there are the bums, Umtiti and Coutinho etc, tgose whoowe us nothing and can just collect miney while giving us no leverage

serghei

Depends on the players.
Some has legacy here and would probably care for their post retirement career, and having good relationships with new president is huge part of it. There is a reason we have Marquez and Valdes back, along with Deco having relation to the club.
All of those left on good terms, even if on their own terms. I think part of it is a message to the veterans: We can help yoy to establish a career beyond being player, as long you keep things easily for us.
The likes of Busquets and Roberto and probably Alba has something to lose, Pique is wild card too.

OTOH, there are players who fight for legacy like Griezmann, he is a great player overall with great career, arguably the best player of his NT in one of their better generations .
Staying on high salary is cool, but adding trophies and being star of his team is rewarding too.

Abd then there are the bums, Umtiti and Coutinho etc, tgose whoowe us nothing and can just collect miney while giving us no leverage

Yea, we have this angle on the table with club legends that we have to use. Basically, tell them they don't want to be burning bridges with the club and be remembered for causing problems when the club is dealing with a financial crisis.

The problem is there are some players who are paid very highly and add nothing. Those will cost us.

JamDav1982

Most likely Pique, Busi and Alba will all still be at Barca and starters next season and the clear out will be players that barely played anyway and not route of problem.

Nazario1985

Most likely Pique, Busi and Alba will all still be at Barca and starters next season and the clear out will be players that barely played anyway and not route of problem.

Those "other" players who barely played are worst than Busi/Alba if they were sleeping to give you an idea about our bench quality.

So unless you have better options you'd keep them otherwise you are rooting for mediocre players just for the sake of change

Andresito

Staff member

Probably at the start of the season. But I think Pique and Busi will be phased out before winter. Depends on how quick the newcomers can adapt.

mc_lovin

Best hope for the anti-Busquets faction is Pedri-Frenkie-Wijnaldum, but I wouldn't bet on it. Personally I don't mind him for another season :lol: At least we have options though (if Wijnaldum joins, which seems probable). Long-term a La Masia player would be nice (Nico or less likely Orellana from what I have seen).

Nazario1985

Or Nico can establish himself.

Apart from FDJ establishing himself in that role (i'm for it cause we need more forward thinking for a CM).

The rest of the names you brought are a huge downgrade for the mid if you align it like that.

You will sure be "better" defensively but in no way or shape you will be able to bring anything useful for the attack.

Which means Griez if in the pitch will train his Cardio and Messi will drop low to make things move ==> i.e we're doomed

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Apart from FDJ establishing himself in that role (i'm for it cause we need more forward thinking for a CM).

The rest of the names you brought are a huge downgrade for the mid if you align it like that.

You will sure be "better" defensively but in no way or shape you will be able to bring anything useful for the attack.

Which means Griez if in the pitch will train his Cardio and Messi will drop low to make things move ==> i.e we're doomed

That's what you get with no money in the bank.

JamDav1982

Fantasy world where Busquets brings a lot to the attack.

He slows down ball through midfield due to his lack of physicality and is about the worst DM in the world at any top team while trying to protect the defence.

Some nice touches and passes but is not helping team progress ball through midfield nearly as much as made out and teams are letting him get on ball from back often.

Best thing Busi can do for Barca is leave but he wont.

Barcilliant

So not only is he president but back up coach too.
He wants to play 433 without exception. Lol, only at Barca. Football is constantly evolving and matches against different teams require a different formation. This fucking rose tinted vision of Cruyff football played in 433 fashion has widened the gap between us and Europe's elite.
We're stuck n the fucking past. Give the coach the freedom to operate and be if he fails sack him. Don't tie one hand behind his back and expect miracles.
Another thing that annoys me is the introverted pussies that come out of La Masia. Too soft and set in their ways. It's time to embrace modern football instead of being stuck in the past.

Home of Barca Fans