Joan Laporta

serghei

If Messi wanted to stay he would. But for the money he wants the cvc deal was needed.

Asking to be paid for 2 years work over 5 years isn't the intent of a saint...

Oh no doubt. If Messi really wanted to stay, he could have. In a way it is a good deal for both.

So of course when he says I wanted to stay but they made me leave, he's actually saying they couldn't afford me anymore. That's the translation.

mc_lovin

Snake ass gave Messi 7 days to find new club, he will most likely have to settle for a shit signing bonus with shit wages, while the only reason Laporta got elected was the promises to sign Messi.

That's why a day later the dude from the Quatari Royal family tweeted they agreed a contract? :lol:

But who cares anyway. His salary is really not my priority.

JamDav1982

Expect it to be bland and 'I wanted to stay.. club wanted me to stay but league wouldnt allow it'.

Not that believe that is the truth and think good chance he was never staying and both he and Laporta strung fans and Tebas along to try and increase Barcas power in relaxing rules.

FC433

I would like to note that I am not familiar whatsoever with this report, but it explains reasonably well what happened. Here is some of it:

Tebasse met with the board and the executive team of Bar?a on July 27 at Laporta's residence in Barcelona to explain the details of the contract with the CVC fund, which generated 2.7 billion for the clubs, of which they could allocate 15% to signings and salaries. In that meeting, Laporta would have received the approval of Thebes to register Messi, but always conditioned on Bar?a accepting the pact with CVC.

At first, Bar?a welcomed the agreement with CVC to be able to have an important injection of capital to ensure Leo's continuity, but after the days it cooled down because at Camp Nou they did not want to mortgage the audiovisual rights of half a century. Laporta said so clearly at his press conference this past Friday.

FC433

So apparently LaLiga had accepted to sign Messi. Everything was in place. Pressure on Laporta from the club CEO and from Florentino "I get what I want" P?rez was decisive in saying no to Messi. More than ever, #fuckthesuperleague.
The original report that I shared earlier is linked in the tweet (not free, but there is another article linked): https://twitter.com/Aeroslavee/status/1424287835889225730?s=20

Ferran Reverter pressured Laporta to reject CVC's deal.

serghei

Glad Laporta came to his senses. What kind of contract runs for 50 years lol? 50 years ago a good car was 4000 usd. Now it's 4-5 times that.

khaled_a_d

Tebas is trying to shift blame it on super league is hilarious.
I mean even Bilbao is rejecting it, it is just a bad deal

FC433

If what is reported is true, he was genuinely in a very challenging situation with so very little time (since the CVC's deal was recently presented, I believe not sure) to choose between a 50 year deal or Messi's departure.

If you ask me, I would give a different answer each passing day!

Messigician

If what is reported is true, he was genuinely in a very challenging situation with so very little time (since the CVC's deal was recently presented, I believe not sure) to choose between a 50 year deal or Messi's departure.

If you ask me, I would give a different answer each passing day!

Why would you take a 50 year deal that ends hope of a super league just to keep a player for 2 years and pay him over 5 years lmfao

FC433

Why would you take a 50 year deal that ends hope of a super league just to keep a player for 2 years and pay him over 5 years lmfao
Messi sudden departure could have severe consequences, time will tell though! I believe that phasing Messi out gradually will give us enough time to sort out our situation properly. But I totally understand you, and I aslo agree with you.

serghei

Tbh, Laporta is showing he is not a dinosaur as I thought. I suppprted Font more, but Laporta is getting back into the game, getting his edge back. I really believe he's one of the biggest Barca fans out there. He puts the club first, above him, his board, or any legend. That's key for a good, responsible presidency.

Home of Barca Fans