Joan Laporta

FC433

I was wrong when I said the situation was a setup, it is apparently as sudden as it simply is. Everything was going well until it was not, that is it.

First0

I am extremely disappointed with him, he's let us all down big time. I don't think I'll ever look at him the same way I once did...
He's up there with Bartomeu in my eyes...

MTL_Barca

What was he supposed to do? The finances are fucked up beyond any hope of short term salvation. Nobody wants our overpaid bums. That's as bad as it can get to build a new team.

I'm still uncertain about him, but i think this summer nobody could've really done anything. Maybe next year it can get sorted out, and with more time it'll be the real test how they envision the future of the squad.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

https://barcauniversal.com/report-laporta-decided-to-part-ways-with-lionel-messi-months-ago/

The departure of club legend and footballing icon Lionel Messi has been a tough blow for everyone in the Barcelona camp to take. The Argentine maestro spent a staggering 18 years defending the Garnet and blue stripes, and due to the club?s mismanagement of their own finances, he was forced to leave.

According to the reliable Marsal Llorente, Barcelona had already decided to part ways with Messi a month ago. Reportedly, both Joan Laporta and Bar?a CEO Ferran Reverter decided that Messi did not enter their economic plans, or fit into their salary limits.

Cognisant of this, Laporta then simulated negotiations until Messi would have to join the team in the preseason. The proof is with Pepe Costa, Messi?s right-hand man as well as the director of the Office of Attention to the Player. His contract ended on the 30th of June and despite that, he did not receive any renewal offer.

During his press conference, Laporta stated that the bare minimum in salary that Messi was willing to accept to play for the club was far too much for it to handle. Bar?a simply were incapable of paying what Messi asked for, and thus there would be no agreement because Laporta knew he was not going to sign.

Notwithstanding the club?s incapacity to sign Messi, Laporta went on to say that ?there will be three or four more signings? to go before the end of the window. This project would naturally be unfeasible given he knew that the wage bill exceeded 110% of the club?s income.

He concluded that Laporta kept up the lie until hours before Messi returned to Barcelona. His excuse being that it was the club?s financial limit that pushed him away now when in reality, the state of the club was exactly as it is now a month ago.

He told everyone that ?everything was going well? and that Messi would sign, when he knew none of the above could happen.

Yannik

[tw]1424318327791529987[/tw]

So what does that mean for Depay, Aguero and Garcia now? People here keep praising Laporta for these signings and keep telling me there's no issue registering them. La Liga starts in 5 days.

Last edited:

malvolio

Joan Laporta, the lying cunt

And people still simp for him as if he is a genius, forgetting the history of this club:
Laporta leaves office - hundreds of millions in debt
Rosell leaves office - hundreds of millions in debt
Bartomeu leaves office - even more hundreds of millions in debt

But hey, good thing we got business genius Laporta. He knows what tho do.

malvolio

[tw]1424318327791529987[/tw]

So what does that mean for Depay, Aguero and Garcia now? People keep telling me there's no issue with them..

Depay, Aguero and Emerson will play in the Gamper. Laporta himself said there won't be an issue.

Yet we are still debating what some Indian idiot from the slumps is posting on twitter.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Depay, Aguero and Emerson will play in the Gamper. Laporta himself said there won't be an issue.

Yet we are still debating what some Indian idiot from the slumps is posting on twitter.

They don't have to be registered to play in a friendly.

To be able to play in La Liga or an RFEF sanctioned tournament however.....

Pointless to argue about it anyway tbh. We'll know if they're registered next weekend anyway.

Yannik

But Laporta even confirmed that 95% info yesterday..

malvolio

But Laporta even confirmed that 95% info yesterday..

Mate, its all bullshit. Watch the press conference again and follow what he said. Even at the beginning he said that signing those 4 players is not comparable to the Messi renewal. Has not even refuted the possibility that we might add more players before the transfer window ends.

He plays this whole we are broke drama because it suits him. Didn't even come out with numbers from that audit.

Yannik

Mate, its all bullshit. Watch the press conference again and follow what he said. Even at the beginning he said that signing those 4 players is not comparable to the Messi renewal. Has not even refuted the possibility that we might add more players before the transfer window ends.

He plays this whole we are broke drama because it suits him. Didn't even come out with numbers from that audit.

Then why aren't they yet registered mate? I can't make any sense out of this. And he literally said "95% without Messis wages" in that very press conference.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans