Joan Laporta

mc_lovin

Easy way to grill Tebas is for some1 to ask him straight up: "Why don't you give us the same registration leeway as clubs in the other leagues enjoy? Or at least make it possible for clubs to replace their deadweights with new signings [as long as they meet wage cap criteria]?"

Status quo not only resulted in losing Messi but with so many clubs unable to register their new players, LL is unfairly penalized.

That opens another can of worms. For me it's an absurd suggestion.

fergus90

Relax Laporta has got it under control.

So far he's managed to:

1) sign an Argentinian Superstar named Aguero

2) have a seafood dinner with Florentino Perez on the night of Messi's press conference and..

3) take a 4-day break in Ibiza the week before the season starts.

snowy

In what way? Take combined wages of Umtiti, Bob, Busi, Pjanic, Colga, MatS, Aguero, Couti, Bouze since he's injured and you could easily register all the signings + new ones. What's the downside?

Disappointing showing from Laporta. Still vacationing in Ibiza while apparently we still haven't registered the four new signings with 3 days left before our league opener. He needs to be personally calling and negotiating with the agents of the four captains to reduce our wage bill, that is the last bit of hope to register the new signings.

What the hell is he doing??

1:21 Loading the oozy to take T-Rex down

khaled_a_d

It won't, all other federations has done it.
Rules are there to benefit the clubs, not to be applied in authoritative way. Tebas work for clubs and not the other way around and when half of the league tells you it needs to change, then he needs to listen.

mc_lovin

In what way? Take combined wages of Umtiti, Bob, Busi, Pjanic, Colga, MatS, Aguero, Couti, Bouze since he's injured and you could easily register all the signings + new ones. What's the downside?

1) It's an incredibly shit way to treat your employees. 2) It defeats the purpose of the regulations. What's the point of a salary cap when you can just register the players you want? That wouldn't stop (top) teams from overspending. Not being able to buy and register new toys does.

Don't get me wrong, Tebas definitely should have loosened restrictions (preferably a month ago when the window opened), but not in a "register the players you want and fuck the rest" kind of way.

Last edited:

Devils

Hristo Stoichkov: "Messi's departure? I see people who promised, who touched hearts, they said they were going to make it possible but in the end the lie has become very big." [tudn]

#LyinLaporta

behindbrowneyes

Disappointing showing from Laporta. Still vacationing in Ibiza while apparently we still haven't registered the four new signings with 3 days left before our league opener. He needs to be personally calling and negotiating with the agents of the four captains to reduce our wage bill, that is the last bit of hope to register the new signings.

What the hell is he doing??

Well, apparently he has spoken over an hour to the team, explaining why they can't renew Messi. I fail to believe that this was the only topic when he has spoken to them for such a long time. He probably told them that players still need to reduce their salary in order for new signings to be registered.

I get what you mean, I agree to it in some sense. However, in the end it is not his job, but of Yuste, Alemany and Planes.

Messigician

Relax Laporta has got it under control.

So far he's managed to:

1) sign an Argentinian Superstar named Aguero

2) have a seafood dinner with Florentino Perez on the night of Messi's press conference and..

3) take a 4-day break in Ibiza the week before the season starts.

Lol, he's out of his depth without his goons

snowy

1) It's an incredibly shit way to treat your employees. 2) It defeats the purpose of the regulations. What's the point of a salary cap when you can just register the players you want? That wouldn't stop (top) teams from overspending. Not being able to buy and register new toys does.

Don't get me wrong, Tebas definitely should have loosened restrictions (preferably a month ago when the window opened), but not in a "register the players you want and fuck those you don't want" kind of way.

aight I hear you on the ethics side but humoring this scenario and playing devil's advocate, you get:

1/ It shitty towards the employees

yes it is, but look at how injured players like Bouze & Umtiti (& Couti? dunno..) refused transfers and salary reductions, as well as the other vets (except Pique). This would provide clubs with more ways to incentivize their squads, reward the performers and de-register the slackers. The employees would still receive their paycheck even if not playing so it's not like they'd be sent to the gulags but the main benefit is that it would light up a fire under everyone and make the whole organization more competitive.

I realize it sounds cold but yo! name's snowy after all :p

2/ What's the point of a salary cap when you can just register the players you want? That wouldn't stop (top) teams from overspending.

It wouldn't stop them but as we've seen it, years of overspending will severely damage club's finances and ability to sign new recruits. If they overspend on flops and de-register them, they'd still suffer capital losses. The only unfair this scenario would provide is that it would afford rich revenue clubs more room for errors but isn't that what we're seeing already in the EPL and Ligue1 following their FPP relaxations?

a good solution for the benefits of the poorer La Liga clubs could be that every time a club uses that de-register option, they'd pay a monetary penalty to be shared evenly across all the other clubs in the league. Though not a perfect system, it could serve to even out the scales to some extent and also punish clubs who'd overly de-register their flops.

Main benefit being, La Liga would be more competitive in both CL as well as across the league itself since no player would be "safe" from being de-registered. Think -- > competition breeding success (Darwinism but no one gets eaten alive lol)

Could be way off-base but instinctively, seems like it could work...

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I get what you mean, I agree to it in some sense. However, in the end it is not his job, but of Yuste, Alemany and Planes.

I disagree. Ultimately as the president it is his job to deliver, to get it done. He can't jet off to Ibiza having a good time and leaving the mess to his lieutenants to resolve. In the end if it doesn't get done, it is on Laporta ultimately.

JamDav1982

Wouldnt be surprised if Tebas gets round it if the CVC deal is voted through by clubs tomorrow and allows registration of new players... before it is then rejected and dealt unlawful.

jairzinho

Would be nice if Laporta or the club could issue a statement about the new season, players being registered, state of the clubs finances, short term plans etc.The silence is deafening at the moment. Fans are anxious for some good news or any news at all, i bet socis too. The new campaign is Sunday and nobody knows what the fuck is going on, if new players are eligible or not. Give us an update ffs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gotta wonder if Jaume Giro dipped because he foresaw how fucked we were rather than the media rumors about him wanting "sole control of the economic area".

Devils

Laporta probably knew it was game over for him months ago.

I'm sure the reason for his silence is because he knows that any news he will make publicly, will be bad news.

Home of Barca Fans