Joan Laporta

serghei

Stop moaning ffs, Barto fucked the club for a minimum of 2 years. And we are not over covid which makes quick solutions unfeasible. What is so hard to understand?

Just pressure Koeman to bench the veterans and try to give time to as much fresh blood as possible. Might as well use this precious time to develop players like Pedri, Ansu, Gavi, Demir, Mingueza etc.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Stop moaning ffs, Barto fucked the club for a minimum of 2 years. And we are not over covid which makes quick solutions unfeasible. What is so hard to understand?

The President that trashed the former board for the lack of transparency doing exactly the same?

serghei

The President that trashed the former board for the lack of transparency doing exactly the same?

What lack of transparency? They try to find ways to register the new signings. That is enough for me.

All depends on La Liga. There is no magic cash hidden somewhere. Situation is fairly straightforward, it's just that fans are losing their shit.

Last edited:

serghei

If anything Laporta's main clear mistake so far was trying to pander to Messi by signing one of his washed up pals.

DonAK

What lack of transparency? They try to find ways to register the new signings. That is enough for me.

All depends on La Liga. There is no magic cash hidden somewhere. Situation is fairly straightforward, it's just that fans are losing their shit.

He knew La Liga wouldn't change their stance. He had already decided to pull back on the CVC deal after Ferran Reverter adviced him to do so. Yet he kept saying for at least a couple of weeks that Messi would get signed.

He is still talking about signing two more players when we're struggling to register the three players we signed.

Lack of transparency. Lying. Tricking fans. Selling dreams. Call it whatever you want.

He inherited a mess. He's not to blame for that. But saying stuff he knows is false and stringing along the fans and players alike is his own doing.

Bobo32

As I think I wrote in my first posts here: Laportas time was in 2015 - that's when he should've been elected and I think he'd manage to steer the club in the right direction.
I was suspicious about him this time, and thought Font was the right one now. Who knows what would've happened.

Laporta won partly because his relation to Messi, and also partly because he went under the belt of Font - I thought he lost his face there and I never saw it before (although I don't follow him as closely as others)
It's of course a disaster for Laporta to lose Messi.

serghei

He knew La Liga wouldn't change their stance. He had already decided to pull back on the CVC deal after Ferran Reverter adviced him to do so. Yet he kept saying for at least a couple of weeks that Messi would get signed.

He is still talking about signing two more players when we're struggling to register the three players we signed.

Lack of transparency. Lying. Tricking fans. Selling dreams. Call it whatever you want.

It's because our fans are like little babies that need pampering. He tried to pin losing Messi on La Liga and partly suceeded.

He played a political game because the fan base in the Messi saga is not mature enough to understand the spot the club is in. Tried to pressure LFP, they didn't bulge, c'est la vie.

DonAK

It's because our fans are like little babies that need pampering. He tried to pin losing Messi on La Liga and partly suceeded.

He played a political game because the fan base in the Messi saga is not mature enough to understand the spot the club is in. Tried to pressure LFP, they didn't bulge, c'est la vie.

He keep losing playing the political game. Perhaps he ought to try to be more transparent and real with the fans and they'll understand it that way. Heck even pin it on Bartomeu publicly and directly. Laporta seem afraid of directly addressing Bartomeu and Rosell as the culpable parts even though he keep mentioning how the last board made poor decisions and they inherited a mess.

serghei

He keep losing playing the political game. Perhaps he ought to try to be more transparent and real with the fans and they'll understand it that way. Heck even pin it on Bartomeu publicly and directly. Laporta seem afraid of directly addressing Bartomeu and Rosell as the culpable parts even though he keep mentioning how the last board made poor decisions and they inherited a mess.

He did pin it on Bartomeu's board several times. Didn't he say the audit discovered that the previous board hid the real extent of the losses reigstered by the club?

Besides, kind of useles to find people to blame after the fact. Now we have two key objectives. Registering the signings and making sure Koeman gets the message in regards to some washed up veterans he seems fixated about.

Last edited:

DonAK

Just let's hope we're able to register Memphis, Eric Garcia before the deadline at the end of August and he doesn't keep assuring everyone how it's done, or close to happening every other day till we approach the deadline.

Aguero you might as well not bother with right now.

He did pin it on Bartomeu several times. Didn't he said the audit discovered that the previous board hid the real extent of the losses reigstered by the club?

I'm talking about him saying: "Josep Maria Bartomeu's board and poor, weak leadership caused us to be in this position." Directly addressing and naming him. So far he seem to be avoiding that for some reason.

Call it for semantics, but I find a bit odd.

serghei

Anyway, we need the team to compensate losing Messi with increased hunger, speed, workrate. If we do that we can win titles in Spain.

mssarm

Blaming the predecessors doesn't help. That's always considered weakness. He said enough about the previous board, doesn't need to focus more. I'm not sure if being more transparent about the financial situation wouldn't damage the club even further. The fact is regardless who's the president keeping Messi was impossible task. I don't think Barto's submarine Freixa or "I'll ask Xavi" Victor Font could find better solutions.

Last edited:

serghei

Messi stuff will cool down once the season begins. Heat will be transferred to Koeman. We may have lost Messi, but I expect a better level than last season.

Home of Barca Fans