Joan Laporta

iniestaGOAT

Its time to give Laporta his flowers. The man has been perfection.

The club went from shambles to having potentially worlds greatest team in 3 years.

Messigician

Spitting on Barto's legacy

🚨🚨[ @SiqueRodriguez🥇] | Bar?a has announced an agreement with Ownix, a digital company.

Its owner, Moshe Hogeg, and 7 other people have been arrested for an alleged crime in the area of ​​cryptocurrencies. He is also charged with sexual offenses.

Shame on you Laporta

Windhook

Spitting on Barto's legacy

[ @SiqueRodriguez磊] | Bar?a has announced an agreement with Ownix, a digital company.

Its owner, Moshe Hogeg, and 7 other people have been arrested for an alleged crime in the area of ​​cryptocurrencies. He is also charged with sexual offenses.

Shame on you Laporta

Yeah, like we weren't part of the petrodollar world for years. Get used to it. The club is light years away from the humanitarian thing and frankly I don't think we need this pure, humble, saintly status again.

Messigician

Yeah, like we weren't part of the petrodollar world for years. Get used to it. The club is light years away from the humanitarian thing and frankly I don't think we need this pure, humble, saintly status again.

Well if club wanna keep saying more than a club they must be held accountable

Messigician

Laporta did the right thing even if we have to pay a heftyfee for breach of contract

Official: In light of information received today that goes against the Club's values, FC Barcelona hereby communicate the cancellation of the contract to create and market NFT digital assets with Ownix with immediate effect. [fcb]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta did the right thing to break the contract (damage control), however he shouldn't have gone into bed with Moshe Hogeg on this shady NFT deal in the first place. It was suspected that he chose the rather unknown Israeli company Ownix, instead of finding a more legit player in the field of the NFT like the Dapper Lab for the NFT deal, was because of Moshe Hogeg's control of that company, and Moshe Hogeg was a business partner of Laporta's in the past.

Laporta being the typical politician, using connections instead of business acumen and common sense. To this day on the business side he hasn't completed a single new deal. He is between a rock and a hard place I reckon but nepotism and driving people away in droves is seriously making people question his ability to turn the economic situation around. I don't know if he really has a vision other than saying "yes we will do this".

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Laporta did the right thing to break the contract (damage control), however he shouldn't have gone into bed with Moshe Hogeg on this shady NFT deal in the first place. It was suspected that he chose the rather unknown Israeli company Ownix, instead of finding a more legit player in the field of the NFT like the Dapper Lab for the NFT deal, was because of Moshe Hogeg's control of that company, and Moshe Hogeg was a business partner of Laporta's in the past.

Laporta being the typical politician, using connections instead of business acumen and common sense. To this day on the business side he hasn't completed a single new deal. He is between a rock and a hard place I reckon but nepotism and driving people away in droves is seriously making people question his ability to turn the economic situation around. I don't know if he really has a vision other than saying "yes we will do this".

As long as Laporta lets Ferran Reverter and Alemany do their jobs without interfering I think we'll be good when it comes to our economic situation and football team.

Question is how long that will last considering he managed to drive away most of his team the last time he was President.

Messigician

As long as Laporta lets Ferran Reverter and Alemany do their jobs without interfering I think we'll be good when it comes to our economic situation and football team.

Question is how long that will last considering he managed to drive away most of his team the last time he was President.

Two nobodies

Nice

The dude who discovered Araujo, Pedri and other gems is already jumping ship

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Amoebagician making a comeback of late.

Guess the unemployment checks from Greece isn't coming through lately.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I get this feeling that Laporta only trusts those people he knows, that he emphasizes loyalty and familiarity over expertise, which is a very bad trait as a leader of any organization.

So far we don't know or haven't seen what kind of job Ferran Reveter has done, good or bad as there hasn't been anything to show for, so I don't know he good Reverter is, if he can really pull it off without any hindrance from Laporta. But then again, we don't know if Laporta gives Reverter a free reign and and let him do his job, Laporta seems to be quite hands-on with everything and that can be both good and bad but more on the bad side, if he doesn't have the business acumen and what it takes.

Judging from many of the hiring Laporta made and the fact some key business people have left the club since he took over, together with this NTF blunder, I have little confidence in Laporta right now.

Home of Barca Fans