Joan Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I get this feeling that Laporta only trusts those people he knows, that he emphasizes loyalty and familiarity over expertise, which is a very bad trait as a leader of any organization.

So far we don't know or haven't seen what kind of job Ferran Reveter has done, good or bad as there haven't been anything to show for, so I don't know he will really pull it off without any hindrance from Laporta. But then again, we don't know if Laporta gives Reverter a free reign and and let him do his job, Laporta seems to be quite hands-on with everything and that can be both good and bad but more on the bad side, if he doesn't have the business acumen and what it takes.

Judging from many of the hiring Laporta made and the fact some key business people have left the club since he took over, together with this NTF blunder, I have little confidence in Laporta right now.

Laporta is what he has always been.

Charismatic as a leader, but also at the end of the day a politician of some sorts. He'll often say what people want to hear even if it isn't based on reality. One thing he did last time he was around was to trust people and let them work, at least when it came to the football side of stuff, which is why Txiki stayed with him till the end.

Now for everything else we'll just have to wait and see, but I don't think he's that hands on. He can just be polarizing due to his antics and turn people that he works with off.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta is what he has always been.

Charismatic as a leader, but also at the end of the day a politician of some sorts. He'll often say what people want to hear even if it isn't based on reality. One thing he did last time he was around was to trust people and let them work, at least when it came to the football side of stuff, which is why Txiki stayed with him till the end.

Now for everything else we'll just have to wait and see, but I don't think he's that hands on. He can just be polarizing due to his antics and turn people that he works with off.

Yeah, he is a like a typical politician who loves talking the talk but I don't know if he has a competent staff supporting his agenda, whether he can retain them and whether he will let them do their job.

The recent hiring of that American guy based in Beijing to head the all too important HK office just because Laporta worked with him before and choosing this Israeli company on such important subject such like the NFT just because the guy was Laporta's business partner tells me that Laporta is making decisions that should have been left to professionals like Reverter.

Laporta is increasingly giving me this Trump vibe. :facepalm:

Messigician

Yeah, he is a like a typical politician who loves talking the talk but I don't know if he has a competent staff supporting his agenda, whether he can retain them and whether he will let them do their job.

The recent hiring of that American guy based in Beijing to head the all too important HK office just because Laporta worked with him before and choosing this Israeli company on such important subject such like the NFT just because the guy was Laporta's business partner tells me that Laporta is making decisions that should have been left to professionals like Reverter.

Laporta has always been like this calma

Half his board resigned the moment he got into office last time around

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta has always been like this calma

Half his board resigned the moment he got into office last time around

His last stint as the president didn't leave the club in great financial status, did he? His track record is not great. And so far he hasn't demonstrated any original ideas on the business side of things. Not a single thing.

We've got no reason to be calma.

Messigician

His last stint as the president didn't leave the club in great financial status, did he? His track record is not great. And so far he hasn't demonstrated any original ideas on the business side of things. Not a single thing.

We've got no reason to be calma.

Yeah but you don't bring in Laporta for that stuff.

Ppl elected him to renew Messi.

Now he failed that so it's just counting the days until Barto returns

iniestaGOAT

Laporta has done a wonderful job so far. I woould say 8/10. ( would be 10/10 but -1 for not being able to resign messi and -1 for not being able to sell coutinho)

serghei

Laporta has done well imo, considering the situation he inherited was bad. He named the right manager imo, and if he finds a way to sign the attackers we need we're on the right track.

Windhook

Chill out, folks. It's Friday!:lol:

So far I rate Laporta good as well. No shady deals, everything is clear and known to the public. The Ownix deal and the subsequent backlash for example.

Home of Barca Fans