Joan Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If the CVC deal is not good for the club long term, we shouldn't even do it. No matter the salary cap or not. You just don't go for a long-term crap contract because there is nothing to be earned that would make it worthwhile to take such a big risk and tie the club to a super-long term crap contract. It's not like next season we will win the CL. It's not like signing the CVC deal automatically gets you a world-class team. It brings pretty much jack shit.

There is just no reason to go with a bad deal for the club. We finished 2nd this season, we will play CL, and we will fight for the title with what we have.

I agree, if the main purpose of us signing onto the CVC deal was to increase the salary cap and it turned out it won’t, then we shouldn’t do it. Any forms of mortgaging our future income is not ideal. I just don’t want Laporta and the club to go another route like Goldman Saches and mortgage even more than the CVC deal would, like the rumored 30% etc.

Porque

The CVC wasn't initially counted as income but the renegotiated deal would.

Whole situation of salary cap is a confusing mess. Coutinho has been sold but through that sale salary cap has actually decreased- not increased. For same reasons that salary cap increases if we renew Dembele and Sergi Roberto, but decreases if we do not renew them.

So there is a problematic differance between the method of LaLiga calculating the salary cap, and the actual working capital of the club.

CVC with the way it is structured doesn't help much. Loan doesn't help much, BLM sale doesnt help much. Even 100m in sales doesn't help much NEXT season.

The only congruence in all this is the LaLiga rules being inflexible. And of course that Doroemon mutherfucka.

serghei

You're being too tribal about it

If a unlimited money club like PSG signed CVC then it isn't the devil Laporta claimed it is simple as that

I think you should recheck your logic on that. An unlimited money club like PSG doesn't care that much about nefarious long-term consequences.

Messigician

Barcelona can neither sign Lewandowski nor renew Gavi. The financial problem is enormous. It can only be solved by taking risks.

? @gbsans

This is bullshit

Like Bartomeu said the financial problem is instantly solved by selling half of Barca studios with a buyback clause and signing the CVC deal

Barca still has the highest revenue in the world stop crying and playing victim Laporta and get a move on

Too much talk little action

I bet he doesn't want to sign CVC because he'll get clowned on for losing Messi because of it

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona can neither sign Lewandowski nor renew Gavi. The financial problem is enormous. It can only be solved by taking risks.

? @gbsans

This is bullshit

Like Bartomeu said the financial problem is instantly solved by selling half of Barca studios with a buyback clause and signing the CVC deal

Barca still has the highest revenue in the world stop crying and playing victim Laporta and get a move on

Too much talk little action

I bet he doesn't want to sign CVC because he'll get clowned on for losing Messi because of it

not tru cuckgician

serghei

Sometimes I wonder if Messigician doesn't write from an alternate reality where Hitler won the war and the twin towers are still standing tall.

Messigician

The problem with Laporta is Bartomeu wanted to sell Barca studios when its stock was high.

Not when it LOST MONEY a whopping 60m

Home of Barca Fans