Joan Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They'll have a board meeting on tuesday so maybe they accept some of the deals they have on table. Still need La Liga to approve it to have a salary cap margin though if it's not the CVC deal.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Funniest part with all the Laporta critics is that 90% of them, even someone like lufts who is a good poster.

were all backing bartomeu until it was clear as day at the very end that he didn't know wtf he was doing, when others including myself were saying for years, its gonna blow up, their is no clear succession planning in the team, the wages are crazy, he doesn't know what he's doing.

This is man that literally said it's difficult to get players to come play with us because we have xavi, iniesta & Messi, the man turn one of the greatest blessings in the history of professional sports into a curse.

These are the guys jumping on Laporta because he inherited a even shitter situation than he or anyone could have guessed, & is struggling a bit to clean up the shit show that the man they backed to the very end created.

Clearly y'all have no idea how to run a business or a club, if you would have seen that what bartomeu was doing was ruining us long before he actually happen.

So how about all of those guys just shut up & cut the man some slack.

First off, everyone on this forum knows that I am not a fan of Laporta's because of how he has restructured the club after coming to the office last April, specifically with regard to his presidential/"family club" model with him being front and center in all decisions, with the hiring of friends, acquittances and family members and consequently driving away many good professionals. I believe this is not the way to run this club at all and it will do us great harm in the future.

However, I have said it several times that he inherited a great mess from Bartomeu and it appears that his hands are tied by Tebas' and La Liga's stubbornness and inflexibility, so expecting him to turn the economic and sporting situation around quickly is not realistic, we should cut him some slack.

I really don't like his demeanor, he talks way too often and way too much and not getting much done. In contrast, Florentino Perez hardly talks and he gets stuff done.

JamDav1982

First off, everyone on this forum knows that I am not a fan of Laporta's because of how he has restructured the club after coming to the office last April, specifically with regard to his presidential/"family club" model with him being front and center in all decisions, with the hiring of friends, acquittances and family members and consequently driving away many good professionals. I believe this is not the way to run this club at all and it will do us great harm in the future.

However, I have said it several times that he inherited a great mess from Bartomeu and it appears that his hands are tied by Tebas' and La Liga's stubbornness and inflexibility, so expecting him to turn the economic and sporting situation around quickly is not realistic, we should cut him some slack.

I really don't like his demeanor, he talks way too often and way too much and not getting much done. In contrast, Florentino Perez hardly talks and he gets stuff done.

It is a strawman argument used to deflect from any criticism making out folk want Laporta to have turned round the financial situation.#

No one is claiming that should have been done. Nothing but deflection from Jammy.

Windhook

I dislike Laporta talking to the press too much as well. He's trying hard to portray himself as the savior of the club.

I expect him to go completely gray in hair near the end of his presidency.

jamrock

Saying you don't like structural changes he's made at the club is a valid & different from saying you don't like is demeanor, which is alot of the non sense, because that's all semantics, oh he talks to much & all that kinda non sense.

He talks as much now as he did when he made us the best team on the planet & gave us arguably the best football team ever, that's just his personality, but with his loud & out their personality history has shown he gets the job done.

For many to be jumping on his personality traits to be critical just shows they have nothing to criticize, the man inherited a mess & is doing his best to fix it, he's not going to change is personality while trying to do that.

Everyone knows Laporta is a bit out there.

The criticism rings especially hallow when coming from far too many who sat silently as bartomeu brought us to our knees & even more so from those who support the man who it was clear as day didn't know what he was doing.

So I said again not necessarily to you, but to those bartomeu supporters who sat silently as the club got run into the dirt, shut up & give the man some slack, give it a good 2/3 seasons before starting to talk shit. Like you gave bartomeu 6 years.

JamDav1982

Usual nonsense and crying about folk complaining about Laporta talking too much when Jammy complains about the tens of millions he wasted on Torres at a time Barca have none.

One of them is a more serious and more impactful concern if true and it aint those that think he talks too much.

Sensational.

jamrock

Usual nonsense and crying about folk complaining about Laporta talking too much when Jammy complains about the tens of millions he wasted on Torres at a time Barca have none.

One of them is a more serious and more impactful concern if true and it aint those that think he talks too much.

Sensational.

Complaining about x talking too much? Dumb.

Complaining about spending money we don't have on a average player, valid.

Complaining about structural changes, valid.

Get it dummy?.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Complaining about x talking too much? Dumb.

Complaining about spending money we don't have mona a average player, valid.

Complaining about structural changes, valid.

Get it dummy?.

Aye complaining about talking too much.

Well done.. I just said if you are correct and Laporta wasted money then it is a more serious concern than saying he talks too much.

Do keep up dummy.

So one accusation is a harder line against Laporta than other.

Dummy.

Treat him with more respect.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Saying you don't like structural changes he's made at the club is a valid & different from saying you don't like is demeanor, which is alot of the non sense, because that's all semantics, oh he talks to much & all that kinda non sense.

He talks as much now as he did when he made us the best team on the planet & gave us arguably the best football team ever, that's just his personality, but with his loud & out their personality history has shown he gets the job done.

For many to be jumping on his personality traits to be critical just shows they have nothing to criticize, the man inherited a mess & is doing his best to fix it, he's not going to change is personality while trying to do that.

Everyone knows Laporta is a bit out there.

The criticism rings especially hallow when coming from far too many who sat silently as bartomeu brought us to our knees & even more so from those who support the man who it was clear as day didn't know what he was doing.

So I said again not necessarily to you, but to those bartomeu supporters who sat silently as the club got run into the dirt, shut up & give the man some slack, give it a good 2/3 seasons before starting to talk shit. Like you gave bartomeu 6 years.

Fair enough. His demeanor aside, what he has done with the club in his second tenure so far is not likely to help meet the challenge of this daunting task he has. He promised to turn the club around and steer it in a good direction, so far he has had a very poor showing (not just in terms of results on and off the pitch, but everything). We should give him more time, but I seriously doubt he can do it even with a few more years. I love to be proven wrong.

As to Bartomeu, he was under all sorts of criticism during his tenure. Nobody blindly supported him.

jamrock

Aye complaining about talking too much.

Well done.. I just said if you are correct and Laporta wasted money then it is a more serious concern than saying he talks too much.

Do keep up dummy.

So one accusation is a harder line against Laporta than other.

Dummy.

Treat him with more respect.

Take the L & shut lol

Home of Barca Fans