Joan Laporta

jamrock

If we have no money, then we are signing Alonso and Azpi because they are cheap.
Honestly, I think Lewandowski alone make us true contender for Liga, and if we actually win it,he will be worth the trouble.
While I agree with Jamie long stance that fullbacks are our achillis heel, I think with a proper goal scorer and better GK or CB due we can win Liga.
That is why I understand their stance. Sure I want a "fuck it,let's go full rebuild of this squad" but I don't think this is what the club (including socios who owns it) really want

I agree here if we get lewa we should he pretty close to winning la Liga if xavi gets it right.

jamrock

Their is a world of difference between signing the likes of Frankie & gavi,Tchouameni like man utd, Liverpool & madrid are about to sign.

Compared to a bunch of freebies we struggling to register & trying a halo move for lewa.

1 set of teams have the financial freedom & flexibility to sign who they want.

The other has next to zero financial flexibility & freedom. (Broke)

Can Barcelona secure financing 1B to renovate the stadium sure, they can even secure financing to sign a 50m player, we are Barcelona a still seen as a good investment by the likes of Goldman sacks, but that's about 50% the battle at most.

If tebas comes tomorrow & say we will change xyz rules, everything is different, but we have to debate based on the facts as they are now.

JamDav1982

If sign Lewa and Xavi changes set up of team then have a chance.. even if dont sign Lewa can still make a run at it.

Issue is if Xavi still wants to play with the isloated touch line wingers cant see how it will work. All the wide players Barca have suit being narrower and nearer to goal and none of them are wide players that go on outside. Same with Raphinha if sign him.

Full backs with quality taking width, wide players nearer the CF and midifelders in middle of park with more freedom to try and dictate from there as opposed to positional cones to offer Busi options and gte closer to striker as wide player so far away.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I agree here if we get lewa we should he pretty close to winning la Liga if xavi gets it right.

Lewandowski alone will not help us win La Liga, our defense is a huge liability, Christensen, Azpi and Alsonso will not be much of an improvement; our midfield has not been that great either, if we sell De Jong and Gavi and only get Kessie, it will be worse.

Also I am afraid Xavi is a minus, not a plus.

JamDav1982

Lewandowski alone will not help us win La Liga, our defense is a huge liability, Christensen, Azpi and Alsonso will not be much of an improvement; our midfield has not been that great either, if we sell De Jong and Gavi and only get Kessie, it will be worse.

Need to see Xavi when has a summer to reflect on what has and hasnt worked although he does seem stubborn to a fault so far.

Barcas midfield and attack has quality if set up correctly.

jamrock

While Azpi & Alonso aren't WC they are definitely better than we have no & a upgrade, Christensen adds a 3rd responsibility defender to our rotation, assuming pique stays fit.

If we lose of of Frankie/Gavi and reply them with kessie I don't see much of an issue there tbh, if we keep it together & add Kessi even better.

Our attack with lewa is almost a guaranteed 30 goals per per season, I think that is enough for xavi to really push for the league.

If we get into other potential it's like Rafa and a healthy fati it looks even better.

Barcilliant

There are holes in the squad for sure but we should be doing ALOT better. Losing to Eintracht,Cadiz,Rayo and whoever is just abysmal. There are no excuses,even with this underwhelming squad.
You can get Lewa and some other signings but it won't help much 8f Xavi has no idea how to coach.
Get an experienced,world class coach and let him work.

xXKonan

Not high on either Apilz or Alonso.

One was always a defensive Fullback and did well in a back three at his peak, but he's gotten older and slowed down, and we have bitched for years we needed a proper modern RB and Apilz doesn't fill any of those boxes.

Never rated Alonso high at all, he's better as an LM/LWB than he is an LB, and he's slow only a year younger than Alba is and not anywhere near as good. It's short-term thinking and not a good type of thinking either.

serghei

If we register Kessie and Christensen and keep our best players, like De Jong and Gavi, everyone should be perfectly happy in these circumstances.

Forget pipe dreams like Kounde, or Tchouameni, or even Lewandowski.

Iniesta Ultra

Issue is if Xavi still wants to play with the isloated touch line wingers cant see how it will work. All the wide players Barca have suit being narrower and nearer to goal and none of them are wide players that go on outside.

If you don't post this several times a day we won't forget.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we register Kessie and Christensen and keep our best players, like De Jong and Gavi, everyone should be perfectly happy in these circumstances.

Forget pipe dreams like Kounde, or Tchouameni, or even Lewandowski.

What circumstances?

With these deals there will be no salary cap issues or problems registering players. Barca won't be short on money to spend given how most transfers are structured.

JamDav1982

What circumstances?

With these deals there will be no salary cap issues or problems registering players. Barca won't be short on money to spend given how most transfers are structured.

Was going to ask same question.. are folk supposed to be happy to give up hundreds of millions of future income just to keep the same team?

Home of Barca Fans