Joan Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If a rebuild consist of signing guys like Ruben Neves then we're going to be playing on Thursdays next year too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If a rebuild consist of signing guys like Ruben Neves then we're going to be playing on Thursdays next year too.

Are we signing him? I haven't read much lately.

Anyways, the point is we can't keep dwelling on the past. As great as Messi might have been lately, he is getting older and isn't the answer that some folks here think he is.

JamDav1982

Trying to sign Ruben Neves as 'have to sell FDJ for finances' is an absolute farce considering the rhetoric in summer of having to put club at disadvantage for next 25 years to be competitive now.

Maybe dont spend 120m+ on two wide players that cant get into coaches prefered line up and tactical set up....

Signings like Lewa had to help Barca qualify in CL to justify the costs being so high for a 34 year old as will be a fincianl drain with no real long term prospects otherwise.

The club has no directtion and the levers were a get out jail free card to try and spend way out with consequences coming when they are long gone as a board.

Laporta front and centre with players when things going well and nowhere to be seen when shit hits fan. Politician got to keep up that image.

Last edited:

DonAK

Are we signing him? I haven't read much lately.

Anyways, the point is we can't keep dwelling on the past. As great as Messi might have been lately, he is getting older and isn't the answer that some folks here think he is.

Messi is not the answer and he is not coming back anyway. Will likely renew with PSG.

I'm just tired of us playing shit football most of the time and also getting poor results and looking overwhelmed every time we meet a good team or a team we think we're competing with.

Leong157

The so called "rebuild" is not in line with those levers and the signing of the like of Lewandowski, Rafinha/Dembele renewal.

It's sending the completely opposite message, making "rebuild" a convenient excuse for a failure result. And it seems to work for most fans.

PS. In my country, Barca is nicknamed Lever Club right now in the medias.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The so called "rebuild" is not in line with those levers and the signing of the like of Lewandowski, Rafinha/Dembele renewal.

It's sending the completely opposite message, making "rebuild" a convenient excuse for a failure result. And it seems to work for most fans.

PS. In my country, Barca is nicknamed Lever Club right now in the medias.

Lewa isn't for the rebuild. I didn't like Lewandowski's transfer but I understand why he did it, Lewa at 34 is supposedly to be a our new poster "boy" for a couple of seasons in order to draw attention. And that move did generate quite a bit of attention and excitement.

Nothing wrong with extending Dembele and buying Rafinha (not failed yet).

A proper rebuild takes folks with a lot of good insight and foresight and of course, money. I am not sure if Laporta, Alemany and Jordi Cruyff have it in them. Also it takes a good manager. Xavi simply ain't it.

malvolio

Real Madrid rebuild - one year when they've lost the title to Atletico and another when they got beat in R16 of CL KO.

Barca rebuild - humiliations in EL

Luftstalag14 explaining how rebuilds happened for the club with the most revenue.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real Madrid rebuild - one year when they've lost the title to Atletico and another when they got beat in R16 of CL KO.

Barca rebuild - humiliations in EL

Luftstalag14 explaining how rebuilds happened for the club with the most revenue.

Huh? Madrid was never as dependent on Ronaldo as we were on Messi. They rebuilt smart by buying a lot of youngsters, and luckily some of them have turned out great for them (Vinicius, Rodrygo).

Also they are much more practical when it comes to managers they hired, they didn't have this "Barca DNA" hindrance we have.

On top of everything, of course they are backed by shrewd financial, business and sporting planning on the part of the business genius Florentino Perez, which dwarfs anybody we had or have.

Nazario1985

stop this shit of Messi dependence or finances !!! rebuild that takes more than 6 months is a project run by incompetents.

it's not rocket science, and it's a club with a lot of money relatively to the average ...
We bought garbage players + garbage managers that's it

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
stop this shit of Messi dependence or finances !!! rebuild that takes more than 6 months is a project run by incompetents.

it's not rocket science, and it's a club with a lot of money relatively to the average ...
We bought garbage players + garbage managers that's it

:lol:

This isn't your Football Manager game or something.

Any rebuild takes vision, money, time and a bit of luck. We are short on practically all of it.

We have a lot of money? Well, only made possible because of the levers. Some players we bought are borderline garbage (like Torres) and Xavi is absolutely garbage, I give that to you.

JamDav1982

Claiming players found game too difficult after the Inter result earlier.

Sums up club.

No accountability or looking inward and always someone elses fault or situation outwith their control.

Rudderless.

ajnotkeith

Now praising Bayern and saying that we are in a rebuild with youngsters, despite stating there would be no transition years, and selling off important parts of the club to fund a mega transfer window.

Get the sense he has no idea what to do now.

Porque

Claiming players found game too difficult after the Inter result earlier.

Sums up club.

No accountability or looking inward and always someone elses fault or situation outwith their control.

Rudderless.

Imagine how difficult they would have found it if Inter had lost!

DonAK

Offer Flick or Klopp a blank cheque.

No more of these inexperienced managers or average ones.

Home of Barca Fans