Joan Laporta

FinBarcelonafan

Now praising Bayern and saying that we are in a rebuild with youngsters, despite stating there would be no transition years, and selling off important parts of the club to fund a mega transfer window.

Get the sense he has no idea what to do now.

Tough to say anything, if you bet everything and lost.

:(

JohnN

Yeah.. Difficult to string a couple of passes together or make a fucking shot on target.
Most of these players are not good enough to play for Bayern's second team but our starters in ours and about Xavi.. I already said (after inter 2nd match) that if he fielded that fosil in DM one more time he should go.
But he goes and makes more weird choices as time goes by.
Injuries are a factor, yes, Busi is not accountable for everything bad, yes, but too many excuses are piling up for such uninspired performances.

Throwing out Xavi might not solve anything, because we are stuck with an absolutely mediocre squad.

Devils

Would sack Xavi now and get in Tuchel on a 2 year deal.

He would at least salvage something out of this season and possibly next as well.

malvolio

Man took a bet and lost. Probably thought he hits the jackpot like last time with Pep and the golden(platinum?) La Masia generation.

Worst tenure since the Gaspart days. Waiting for [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] to tell me otherwise.

JamDav1982

Now praising Bayern and saying that we are in a rebuild with youngsters, despite stating there would be no transition years, and selling off important parts of the club to fund a mega transfer window.

Get the sense he has no idea what to do now.

After claiming Barca had to mortgage next 25 years so could be competitive now and Barca can never have a 'rebuilding' season.

Guy speaks utter shit and says what he thinks is best in the moment.

No plan at all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Man took a bet and lost. Probably thought he hits the jackpot like last time with Pep and the golden(platinum?) La Masia generation.

Worse tenure since the Gaspart days. Waiting for @DonAK to tell me otherwise.

You're right about him gambling and losing, but he also inherited a proper mess from his predecessor. In any case he need to take the smart decisions now. This club need a reset and it's not going to come from an inexperienced manager like Xavi clearly or average Spanish or La Liga managers.

fergus90

He won't sack Xavi because he has no plan nor advisor in Johan Cruyff like he did before. Hansi Flick would be my choice though.

JamDav1982

You're right about him gambling and losing, but he also inherited a proper mess from his predecessor. In any case he need to take the smart decisions now. This club need a reset and it's not going to come from an inexperienced manager like Xavi clearly or average Spanish or La Liga managers.

Inheriting a mess also give him leeway to take more tima and make sensible decisions at a slower rate as less expectations.

But they did not have ability to do that and had zero plan so had to go the all in route knowing that it wont be them that feels the ill effects of it.

DonAK

He won't sack Xavi because he has no plan nor advisor in Johan Cruyff like he did before. Hansi Flick would be my choice though.

I think he will. I doubt he'll tear apart his legacy and go down together with Xavi considering Laporta never wanted him in the first place but was convinced by guys like presumably his VP, Cruyff, and possibly Alemany.

Flick or Klopp it is for me, but let's be honest what are the chances of them coming here?

JamDav1982

I think he will. I doubt he'll tear apart his legacy and go down together with Xavi considering Laporta never wanted him in the first place but was convinced by guys like presumably his VP, Cruyff, and possibly Alemany.

Flick or Klopp it is for me, but let's be honest what are the chances of them coming here?

Zero chance of those two.

Likes of Arteta would not even entertain leaving a job like Arsenal for Barca.

There is little to attract a coach to Barca right now who has options.

malvolio

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] so you agree now that this is the worst tenure since Gaspart.

Why is everyone wanking over Flick? He hasn't built anything at club level and hasn't been in a comparable situation with a shambles like ours. The guy won that Covid CL and suddenly he got status.

fergus90

I'd love Klopp as well but you're right they are both impossible.

fergus90

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] so you agree now that this is the worst tenure since Gaspart.

Why is everyone wanking over Flick? He hasn't built anything at club level and hasn't been in a comparable situation with a shambles like ours. The guy won that Covid CL and suddenly he got status.

Because he did excellent work with Germany for many years too. Bayern played very impressive football under him and was night/day difference before COVID how much he improved them.

Bit like Chelsea with Lampard and then Chelsea with Tuchel.

DonAK

Yeah, unlikely.

@DonAK so you agree now that this is the worst tenure since Gaspart.

Nah, that's still Bartomeu for leaving us in this mess. Without his spending money carelessly and doing fuck all renewing this team we wouldn't be in this situation where Laporta had to gamble I guess.

Givenchy

Disagree. Klopp likes the underdog title and Barca will surely be there after another 6months of Xaviball. Think rebuilding Barca would be up his alley but club politics will put him off more than anything.

Home of Barca Fans