Joan Laporta

Birdy

Who else would we vote for?

Font was made to look weak by Xavi snaking him

There was no other option

You didn't listen when a few of us warned you that Laporta is selling nostalgia and dreams, and is clueless AF what to do

Now you get a taste of the consequences of not being careful with your vote

frostdude1

Everyone needs to relax

I’ve been reading the last couple pages and both sides make a lot of sense.
The fan in here that’s talking about how if you don’t like the way this club is run then go root for another other big team has a point.
Let’s be honest most of the people around the world that root for FC Barcelona, we are just essentially picking one of the big clubs to root for. No one is better than the other when I’m living in the United States or Canada or Brazil or Iraq, when we are rooting for FC Barcelona or Real Madrid we are just picking one of the 10 or 15 big teams to root for.

In a way yeah we don’t have a right to be like “oh this club needs to sell to a rich owner 49% and blah blah” because the heart of the club is still at the community.

The counter to that is, FC Barcelona is a global brand now so it’s hard to say that it has to always stay within its values of being in the community, and because it no longer is just for the community like the smaller teams in Spain or England or whatever, once you reach that global giant status you do have to change your ways to keep up with the rest of the Giants if you want to remain that.

So both sides have a point. And I think what you see playing out is the club trying to be both at once.

jairzinho

The option of selling the club should be up to the socios. At some point though, you have to consider the fact that football now is a global sport. Mega rich teams and leagues like Prem continue to outspend us. We are struggling to compete in the market and cant even register players. Barca runs the risk of being left behind and becoming irrelevant in the not to distant future. We are in a precarious position right now.

JamDav1982

It will be put to the socios.. it will be the main battle ground of an election soon. Maybe not this one but the one after.

Laporta knows it.. Perez knows it.. they know the threat of EPL money and oil clubs hence moves for the Superleague etc.

Birdy

@BarcaUniversal
·
1h

Jordi Farre (Former presidential candidate): "Laporta must resign immediately. In fact, I'm seriously thinking of submitting a motion of no confidence. At the moment, Laporta is a problem for the club's future."

Don't know who the guy, but he speaks the TRUTH

Home of Barca Fans