Joan Laporta

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Laporta: "If I win the elections, Abidal will be the Sports' director." [Grup 14 twitter]

Abidal: "I understand Laporta perfectly. We have to try to recuperate La Masia. I hope the socios share my excitement." [Grup 14 twitter]

Laporta: "We want Unicef to return to the front of the Barcelona shirt." [Grup 14 twitter]

Last edited:

JamDav1982

We will have to generate that money from somewhere else. Nike should give at least 70M.

Thar doesn't make sense.

Nike won't pay more than they would have otherwise to make up for UNICEF.

It is a cop out to claim the increased deal covers that unless covers close to what others clubs are getting to manufactures and sponsorship deals combined. Which it will be nowhere close to.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Thar doesn't make sense.

It is a cop out to claim the increased deal covers that unless covers close to what others clubs are getting to manufactures and sponsorship deals combined. Which it will be nowhere close to.

Unicef or qatar, nike have to pay what they have to pay. Maybe do couple more smart deals and we won't even need the main shirt sponsor. Only united get huge money, rest can be easily matched.

MessiDinho10

Thar doesn't make sense.

It's not to make up for UNICEF, but a deal that's realistic considering the market. Money to make up for the shirt sponsor will have to come from other sources, like opening membership.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If in the end we seriously need a shirt sponsor we will get one. That is a topic for another day, what matters is we will continue with qatar airways as our main sponsor. Only barto will go for that idea, rest of candidates seem to agree we can do much better than qatar airways.

Alen

What does make up for mean? Club revenues are evolving at an exponential rate and we must keep up. Not having a sponsor deal and trying to make up for it with scraps here and there will at best make us stagnate, nevermind being the best. We need money to keep up.

Irish_Cules

So basically his idea is to return Unicef to the front of the shirt and have a new sponsor on the back. He's claiming that they will be able to get a good deal from the new sponsor because they will be associating themselves with not only Barca but Unicef as well.

Not so sure about this to be honest. I'm all for getting rid of Qatar but it's a big risk to to give up the income from a shirt sponsor considering the financial strength of other clubs. Maybe the idea of the sponsor associating themselves with Unicef will result in a decent deal but there's no way a sponsor will pay anywhere near as much to be on the back as they would to be on the front.

JamDav1982

If in the end we seriously need a shirt sponsor we will get one. That is a topic for another day, what matters is we will continue with qatar airways as our main sponsor. Only barto will go for that idea, rest of candidates seem to agree we can do much better than qatar airways.

No again that is a cop out.

If Laporta is saying that Unicef is going to be shirt sponsor then changes his mind at a later date all he has done is mislead the voters.

What candidates have said they could get a sponsor that pays more?

Icarium

Lifestealer
No again that is a cop out.

If Laporta is saying that Unicef is going to be shirt sponsor then changes his mind at a later date all he has done is mislead the voters.

What candidates have said they could get a sponsor that pays more?

Laporta said he can get that money from other sources. We are not compromising anything here, we are just staying away from shady companies. He said some companies are interested in associating with barca and unicef on their front. We will have better image with unicef on the front.

Every candidate said they will definitely stay away from qatar airways.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's basically saying and promising everything popular. How will it affect the club financially he does't know.
What are Abidal's credentials for sports director aside being fans popular figure?
He doesn't sound like a man with a plan aside from offering childish fans appeasers Cruyff, Unicef, Abidal.

JamDav1982

Laporta said he can get that money from other sources. We are not compromising anything here, we are just staying away from shady companies. He said some companies are interested in associating with barca and unicef on their front. We will have better image with unicef on the front.

Every candidate said they will definitely stay away from qatar airways.

He needs to outline how he will make up 60m a year. Saying it can be got from 'other sources' is not even answering that question.

Its not even about Qatar. Most people on here claimed a few weeks ago the club could get more money elsewhere so potentially giving up 70m a season for Unicef to be back on front of strip with only a vague explanation of how that will be made up.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He's basically saying and promising everything popular. How will it affect the club financially he does't know.
What are Abidal's credentials for sports director aside being fans popular figure?
He doesn't sound like a man with a plan aside from childish fans appeasers Cruyff, Unicef, Abidal.

No doubt about it. It is politics, every one does it.

Abidal is an odd decision i agree, i am still too skeptical about it. Laporta is not the perfect candidate either but i don't like barto plan for the future of the club. Always surrounded by controversies and lawsuits. Just don't want that anymore.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Other sources are presumuably Uzbekistan's Bunyodkor?
So naive. Let's just round up my extreme left cronies to use the club for personal promotion and promise popular faces to help me win.

Home of Barca Fans