Joan Laporta

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You seriously think he can get more by abandoning shirt sponsorhip? Only a magician could do that

Icarium

Lifestealer
You seriously think he can get more by abandoning shirt sponsorhip? Only a magician could do that

I don't think we can do it. I just think we won't be crippled. In the end it is easier to promote a club with unicef on their front rather than qatar.

Hephaestus

Manchester United are getting 47 million £ per year through their deal with Chevrolet. That is the equivalent of some 60 million € per year. As far as I remember we are getting about 30 million € through our deal with Qatar Airways. So, yes. Considering that we have Neymar, arguably the most marketable player after Messi (who we also have) and Ronaldo, I think we could bag a deal worth more than our current one with QA. Actually, I am fairly convinced we could get a much bigger deal.

Edit: I misread your post, Bojan. Apologies. Of course he cannot get more by abandoning shirt sponsorship.

Last edited:
I

instinct

He's basically saying and promising everything popular. How will it affect the club financially he does't know.

How do you know that? Just because he didn't mention a possible source of income in his presser? I recall reading that he already has a plan to raise enough money despite being without a shirt sponsor. I'm fairly convinced that he and his team know that the club would be negatively affected by keeping the shirt free from any sponsors.

Henry_IB

Banned
Well. Even if he can raise a similar amount of money as we'd get though a shirt sponsor deal it we're losing out on potential income. Imagine how well off financially we would be if we could get as much money as we currently do from a shirt sponsor through the other means Laporta is suggesting + a shirt sponsor (not Qatar).

Any candidate that wants to completely remove a shirt sponsor is a no in my eyes. I am too pragmatic and boring too appreciate "Having a clean shirt with only UNICEF". Qatar definitely needs to go though.

Tomchin

Abidal will be the new sporting director if Laporta gets elected. Little too young for that, and he has zero experience in any coaching role or scouting..... Just targeting those votes. Should have targeted Monchi like that bennedito guy. That being said it will be good to see Abidal getting such a prominent role.
Very bad move by Laporta to assign Abidal as the sporting director imho, after the Zubi-disaster the socis will not want another inexperienced sporting-director.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta is basically just attacking Rosell/Bartomeu without laying out any concrete plans. Too much rhetorics and too little details.

Me no likes.

I

instinct

Laporta is basically just attacking Rosell/Bartomeu without laying out any concrete plans. Too much rhetorics and too little details.

Me no likes.

This was his first presser. There are still many weeks until the actual elections and certainly enough time for him to explain his project in depth.

MessiDinho10

Me no likes.

If you want to win these elections, politics and rhetorics are the way to go. Few voting members care about all the details of a project, just two or three main points. This often includes the promise of a player, which is exactly what Bartomeu did today for example.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This was his first presser. There are still many weeks until the actual elections and certainly enough time for him to explain his project in depth.

He had 5 years to prepare to get back as Barca president, elections where called 6 months ago, and now less than a month before elections he doesn't yet have a program aside general popular promises.
He doesn't strike me as a guy ready to take over.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to win these elections, politics and rhetorics are the way to go. Few voting members care about all the details of a project, just two or three main points. This often includes the promise of a player, which is exactly what Bartomeu did today for example.

Which player did Bartomeu promise?

Barcafan 2304

Well I'm still a laporta fan but the sponsorship issue is a concern. Where will the missing revenue come from? We need to maximise every possible source to keep up and maintain success with the likes of Real, Bayern and the EPL clubs making money hand over fist

Home of Barca Fans