Joan Laporta

khaled_a_d

My fear would be that Abidal is too close to the players to make tough decisions.

For example the Alves contract talks. Alves tried to play games to get more money or a longer contract but it didnt work as club held firm and he came back to deal that was on the table.

Would Abidal be prepared to upset his former colleagues for the good of the club?

I dont agree that the players have to love the President or the Director of Football etc, that can be a recipe for disaster in some ways if they relax too much.

I don't feel they have to love them either ,nor hate them too .there are different characters who can succeed .same with coaches .some are more of friendly to players than others .everyone has his own characters.it is just like any job .there is many types of manager/boss and different ones can succeed
I don't know Abidal character, though he always looked like a tough strong character that has respect from everyone and those are good to have . I could be wrong
I would be interested more in his sporting vision tbh.
Again ,I am not with or against Abidal . for me who is just a name who will have to prove himself .but that doesn't mean we have to question him because this position rarely taken by someone known b4

JamDav1982

I don't feel they have to love them either ,nor hate them too .there are different characters who can succeed .same with coaches .some are more of friendly to players than others .everyone has his own characters.it is just like any job .there is many types of manager/boss and different ones can succeed
I don't know Abidal character, though he always looked like a tough strong character that has respect from everyone and those are good to have . I could be wrong
I would be interested more in his sporting vision tbh.
Again ,I am not with or against Abidal . for me who is just a name who will have to prove himself .but that doesn't mean we have to question him because this position rarely taken by someone known b4

Abidal is probably only second to Messi as my favourite ever Barca player and would love to see him succeed if gets the job. That goes without saying.

Just have doubts that Laporta is giving out sound bites and flashy names rather than providing any real substance as to what will he will bring.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Blaugrana spirit already dampened by the abomination that is Qatar but no ink toner to even get the blaugrana colors right needs to be remedied!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Abidal is probably only second to Messi as my favourite ever Barca player and would love to see him succeed if gets the job. That goes without saying.

Just have doubts that Laporta is giving out sound bites and flashy names rather than providing any real substance as to what will he will bring.

Hopefully we'll get a concrete plan from all candidates in the coming weeks..

JamDav1982

Hopefully we'll get a concrete plan from all candidates in the coming weeks..

Yeah hopefully.

Issues like sponsorship the candidates need to be 100% clear on. It is not enough to say 'No Qatar!' but provide no alternative but claim there are companies happy to sponsor due to Unicef.

Provide figures, tell the members what to expect. Otherwise it just comes across as hollow and pointless.

They need to be accountable for the promises they make on issues like this that is worth hundreds of millions of euros to the club.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
My fear would be that Abidal is too close to the players to make tough decisions.

For example the Alves contract talks. Alves tried to play games to get more money or a longer contract but it didnt work as club held firm and he came back to deal that was on the table.

Would Abidal be prepared to upset his former colleagues for the good of the club?

I dont agree that the players have to love the President or the Director of Football etc, that can be a recipe for disaster in some ways if they relax too much.

Spot on. Completely forgot his Alves comments.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Abidal & Alves, the guy who offered his liver to save the other's life while the other wears his shirt number in tribute?...Integrity, passion, dedication & excellence...Club legends, which they both are, always trump deceiptful corporate crooks...Who knows what Abidal's role might actually entail but in what line of work wouldn't you want a legend in your profession to be involved>

Alik

Well there's only Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro left of his former colleagues.

Of those, he will only have to deal with Messi, Pique, and Busquets with regards to new contracts.

Unless you meant something else.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Abidal & Alves, the guy who offered his liver to save the other's life while the other wears his shirt number in tribute?...Integrity, passion, dedication & excellence...Club legends, which they both are, always trump deceiptful corporate crooks...Who knows what Abidal's role might actually entail but in what line of work wouldn't you want a legend in your profession to be involved>

You are mixing things up. I thought we are discussing Abidal's role as sports director?
Alves offered Abidal his liver and now Barca needs to pay whatever Alv es asks?

Is Puyol an idiot then to refuse being used as puppet in elections for any candidate? Because, you know, odds are Laporta asked Puyol first.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
We don't know if abidal will be a good director or not. He does seem an intelligent guy though.

frog-fcb

Would anyone else be happy if we had sponsors on the away third and training kit etc as long as we kept our blaugrana kit clean with nothing on it. It could work out as a good solution we get our extra income while having a sponsorless home jersey. Also is there any other clubs have different sponsors on different kits.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Would anyone else be happy if we had sponsors on the away third and training kit etc as long as we kept our blaugrana kit clean with nothing on it. It could work out as a good solution we get our extra income while having a sponsorless home jersey. Also is there any other clubs have different sponsors on different kits.

Interesting idea, thing is our sponsor revenues would massively decrease, even with the current system we are behind in sponsorships compared to other clubs.

I personally don't mind a sponsor. Infact I'd like a better deal and for us to receive more money.

JamDav1982

Well there's only Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro left of his former colleagues.

Of those, he will only have to deal with Messi, Pique, and Busquets with regards to new contracts.

Unless you meant something else.

Montoya, Adriano, Bartra, Rafinha, Roberto etc were all at the club in Abidals time also.

JamDav1982

No one will pay big money to sponsor Barcelonas away strip.

It is almost like saying you are not good enough for the home top but we like your money enough to cover the away top. Almost like an insult!

Home of Barca Fans