Jonathan Dos Santos

raskolnikov

This guy flat out refuses to leave, he wouldnt even go to Espanyol.
Its like he is perfectly happy with never playing as long as he can stay with his friends in Barcelona, zero ambition and Barca's Bogarde.

ceefoo

This guy flat out refuses to leave, he wouldnt even go to Espanyol.
Its like he is perfectly happy with never playing as long as he can stay with his friends in Barcelona, zero ambition and Barca's Bogarde.
As long as he's not on Bogarde's wages. :lol:

... His attitude has become representative of many young footballers nowadays. More interested in fame and fortune, than their love of the game. :(

P

PhilS

It's his right to stay as long as he has a contract.

That's the bottom line. Tito says he is good to have around for the practices. So, he won't be told to stay away, he just will almost never enter a game or even sit on the sub bench.

Meitux

No,if hes happy that he will never make it into barcelona and play only some friendlies and games at the end of the season its fine.Otherwise he should go

SwiftGuyver

No,if hes happy that he will never make it into barcelona and play only some friendlies and games at the end of the season its fine.Otherwise he should go

Well yeah that's what I meant because clearly he's happy with his role as a squad member who only plays in some friendliest and games at the end of the season. He could be starting somewhere else but he's clearly content with his role as 7th/8th choice midfielder at Barca which means he's good for squad depth.

JackSparrow

I dont understand him either. If he wants to develop he should move NOW! Get into a team where he will play regular football.

But from the Barc's point of view. Its great to have such quality guy for practise and rotations, and he is even happy with that :) How much is he worth tho if they sell him?

Piqué

According to Belgian press, Anderlecht have made a 4M offer for him. In the same article is also mentionned Everton & Sevilla want him.

MessiDinho10

I dont understand him either. If he wants to develop he should move NOW! Get into a team where he will play regular football.

But from the Barc's point of view. Its great to have such quality guy for practise and rotations, and he is even happy with that :) How much is he worth tho if they sell him?

2-5 million I think.

Stric

I don't understand why some people are so quick to criticize him. I know we're all used to players being super competitive, but not everyone is like that. I can understand if he's happy with his role in the team and the rest of his life. He gets paid a lot of money, not as much as the rest but he's obviously OK with it, he lives in a beautiful city, he's been here for many years, he's good friends with some of the younger players here, probably has been for a long time, and maybe that's enough for him? Maybe he likes living there, and maybe he'd rather stay and live in Barcelona and keep his friends and his surroundings than move to some other country where he could maybe be a starter and earn somewhat more money. Have you never heard of someone turning down a better job offer because they were really tied to their friends and family or home? He's not the next Messi, so he's not really wasting away a very promising career.

Galning

I don't understand why some people are so quick to criticize him. I know we're all used to players being super competitive, but not everyone is like that. I can understand if he's happy with his role in the team and the rest of his life. He gets paid a lot of money, not as much as the rest but he's obviously OK with it, he lives in a beautiful city, he's been here for many years, he's good friends with some of the younger players here, probably has been for a long time, and maybe that's enough for him? Maybe he likes living there, and maybe he'd rather stay and live in Barcelona and keep his friends and his surroundings than move to some other country where he could maybe be a starter and earn somewhat more money. Have you never heard of someone turning down a better job offer because they were really tied to their friends and family or home? He's not the next Messi, so he's not really wasting away a very promising career.

I agree. I'd rather be number 7 in the picking order in Barcelona as well but, hey, maybe that's just me :D
Anyway, latest rumour is that Anderlecht bid 4M but Barça want 5.

Home of Barca Fans